Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranchdog TLC432-265-RF data

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
    Ranchdog 265
    Where did you get that from? Is his site back up?
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Grand Master

Bazoo

FYI

I've pressure tested my 270 gr (fully dressed) Lyman 429640 HP "Devastator" in W-W cases, CCI 350 primers and 23 gr H110. It is an excellent load and my preferred hunting load. It runs 1350 fps out of my Ruger FTBH with 6 1/2" barrel. The measured psi average was 30,200 psi.

The same 429640 HP "Devastator" in W-W cases, Federal 150 primer over 19.5 gr of Alliant 2400 ran 32,100 psi. I consider 20 gr of 2400 to be a "max" load under this bullet as it ran 34,800 psi.

I have not pressure tested AA9 in anything so can't help there.

I don't use this any bullet heavier than 255 gr in my 44 SPL loads so can speak to those loads either.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Thanks Vinny! Would you happen to have the info for 444 marlin or 44 special? I dont know that he ever published data for 44 special. I don't have a 444 marlin, but I am thinking ahead as I have interest in them.

Thanks Larry.

I ran some in magnum cases with 5.5 bullseye the other day, pleasant and accurate for my limited tests. I am going to dial in a load somewhere round there when the weather permits. A heavy plinking load that will take deer sounds mighty useful. Point of impact at 25 yards was right about the same too as my other loads. I havent stretched out farther yet cause of the weather.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry,,I dont have the 444 load sheet,,, dont think he ever had one for the special.
    I do have the 44mag 300gr load sheet, if anyone needs..

Quote Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
    Sorry,,I dont have the 444 load sheet,,, dont think he ever had one for the special.
    I do have the 44mag 300gr load sheet, if anyone needs..
    Sir, I'd like to have that too, if'n it ain't no trouble.

Boolit Buddy
    300gr...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210213_073328.jpg  

Thank you. I will print it and file it for future use.

Boolit Master
    The Blue Dot data I mentioned: I got the best accuracy down around 1000-1200 from 11 to 13 grains in my rifles. At that level it won't be uncontrollable in a revolver either. I'd suggest a ladder from 11.0 through 14.0.
    My buddy 'montana pistol hunter' gave me some .44 mag data that may surprise you. He puts any 240 gr boolit, cast or J-word, over 19.5 of W296. I tried it with three different J-words and several cast boolits in the 225-265 gr range and it's like magic. I'm aware of the "don't download" dictum but this works in all my revolvers and carbines. Mild recoil, no ash, no pressure signs on the brass, and some of the best grouping I've seen since '75. I haven't chronoed it but it seems to have plenty of whack downrange. I plan to load several versions with PCd boolits and do a thorough test with it.
    Ed <><

Thanks for the comment Ed.

Well I'm dumb when it comes to ladder loads. I read about it and it doesn't compute to me. I also can't do math other than simple math. I do the old way of load test cartridges and shoot for groups with various powder charges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12