RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder on Gunbroker - Beyond Insane

Boolit Buddy

Powder on Gunbroker - Beyond Insane

Not sure how to word this but check IMR 4350 powder on Gunbroker. I took a picture showing an auction of 24 bids on a 8 pounder at $1,025 and going..........

I've found a decent amount of powder locally, if only I had the shipping cabability!!!!!
    Last edited by mfraser264; 01-26-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Agree, insane. Powder is still pretty easy to come by in my part of the world. Primers are a bit harder.

Later,
    Stephen

Boolit Master
    my goodness, the world sure has gone mad,
    I had a funny feeling things might just totally bonkers after they 20th.
    just wait till the leftists propose some new national laws regarding 2a

Banned
    It's not what you ask for it, It's what someone will pay you for it.

Boolit Master

Some folks are desperate. A guy gave me a new scope for 100 spp. It's just a center point scope. 4x16x40. Im going to put it on my CZ 457.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I have to wonder if there are shill bidders? Or if it even actually sold. I will go without before I pay those kind of prices.

Makes me wonder if it's really legit.
    My LGS had a bunch of powder on the shelf yesterday, good pricing also. Had a few #8 and a bunch of #1. Not a single primer though.

I will go without before I pay these crazy prices. I am pretty set on most of the supplies I need, though there are a few I am getting low on. I'll just shoot something else until availability opens up and prices return to normal. Loaded ammo prices are equally insane.

Boolit Mold
    Its only a short term thing for another 6 months to a year then back to the norm.....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpro440 View Post
    Its only a short term thing for another 6 months to a year then back to the norm.....
    That may be a bit overly optimistic but it hope you are correct.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpro440 View Post
    It should be better in a year. Given that most/all powder distributors are out or very low on stock, very large orders have gone into the powder manufactures. Also I'd guess that orders to European manufactures will be showing up in the next few months.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hard to believe powder is that pricey. Wonder what the real story is.
    Don Verna

It will be a long time before things will get to what we would call normal for how things are going. Zero was just a warning for us for what to come and now it looks like to be here now , hope not but we did not see it get this bad when Zero was in.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Getting my truck fixed; and so I had a feller at the place to give me a ride to the LGS. Service of the dealership, Toyota. They had quite a few brands, but no Unique or Bullseye, mostly Hornady and whoever makes 700x. Never tried HP-38, but I remembered some of y'all said it was ok. Bought a true pound of HP-38 for $27 and tax = $30.03 or so. Did I do ok, mostly load 44 Special, 38 Special, and 32S&W Long, and with my homecast boolits in all three?
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    well I dont know to be sure but the way I understand it if you want to be able to shoot in the future you might just want to hang on to what you got put up.
    I can't see things getting better any time soon.
    as I posted in another thread in White House today reporters were asking about new gun legislation, writing is on the wall,

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Getting my truck fixed; and so I had a feller at the place to give me a ride to the LGS. Service of the dealership, Toyota. They had quite a few brands, but no Unique or Bullseye, mostly Hornady and whoever makes 700x. Never tried HP-38, but I remembered some of y'all said it was ok. Bought a true pound of HP-38 for $27 and tax = $30.03 or so. Did I do ok, mostly load 44 Special, 38 Special, and 32S&W Long, and with my homecast boolits in all three?
    Same as 231 so good buy I think
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

The reason people are (possibly) paying that much for powder is because if you don't have it, this is likely the last chance you have to get ANY. It will from now on, never get back to "normal". Hope I am wrong but pretty sure I'm not.

Boolit Master

I stopped by our new LGS today and bought more blue dot. It was 26.00 and change with the tax.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    well I dont know to be sure but the way I understand it if you want to be able to shoot in the future you might just want to hang on to what you got put up.
    I can't see things getting better any time soon.
    as I posted in another thread in White House today reporters were asking about new gun legislation, writing is on the wall,
    It sounds like ending the filibuster in the Senate isn't going to happen any time soon, so not likely to be any major new gun control.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Same as 231 so good buy I think
    I knew there was another powder the same, just would not float up. Win 231. Great as I have already tested the fire out of 231 in the main calibers I shoot. It sure ain't new ground. These days ain't a bad price either.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast