RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Dixons Gun Builders Fair

Boolit Bub

Dixons Gun Builders Fair

I don't know if any of you guys ever went to the gun builders fair, but I will miss it.

Dixon Muzzleloading Shop

It is time to announce that we will no longer be holding the Annual Gunmakers' Fair at Dixons. It has been a good long run, but for many reasons, we have come to the decision to end the fair.
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank family and friends, judges, seminar speakers, volunteers, vendors, and all the folks who attended the Fair over the years.
    Please know, we are not retiring. The shop will remain open for business in the coming years.

That's a shame, I've been to it a few times and aside from the summer heat, it was always a great time.

Boolit Buddy
    wow i had never heard of that one, i have used.......woops... i mis read and thought it was dixie gun works. sorry !

Never been but always wanted to go . Heard a lot about it over the years guess I should have made that drive across the state earlier . Is their store staying open ?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Hate to hear it! Never made it but I always wanted to.

Boolit Bub
    RU, yes the store will stay open.

Boolit Master
    I never seen that comming!

Boolit Master
    I'm gonna miss Dixion's fair thats where I met Tip Curtis many years ago. The fair was a great place to go not just to take in the sights but you could get an education as well as finding what you were looking for in a gun or parts. Iv'e still got a couple of horns from the horn pile to finish someday.

Boolit Bub
    Some people planed there day buy what time the classes were. Hawkeye, The Honourable Compay of Horners Has a Face Book page and would be happy to help with your horns if you need it. Jerry

Boolit Grand Master
    I never missed the fair. Bummer. It was a great day to walk around and see the sights. So many venders & craftsmen. It was a fun day. Sorry to see it fold up.

Boolit Master
    Yep I remember and the cannon sounded every hour on the hour. I've got the plans laid out for the horns its just finding the time to put tools to material and get them done.

Any other shows remain in the region? I think Log Cabin in Lodi Ohio put on a small one in the past.

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure the Ft Frederick market fair might still be going on in april but that was a different crowd compared to Dixion's. It's not just gun building stuff its all kinds of colonial items.

Boolit Bub
    Well that sucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    My brother and I worked in the "Garage" for twenty years registering and guarding the craftmen/artists' entries in the acoutrement judging event. We met some of the finest and most talented people on the planet and became friends with most of them. The last weekend of July had come to be the most important one of the year to us and anything else had to be planned around it. There are a lot of people I will miss greatly and it feels like a friend has died.
    Bob Gular

Boolit Bub
    Bob, I hope to still see you and your brother at the shop from time to time. You guys did a great job helping people put their item in the right category, and the fly swatter well what could I say. Thanks for all you both did for so long. Thanks Jerry Polizzi