RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Wish Marlin Would Make...

Boolit Master
    I've long said that 99.99% of the people driving SUV's would be better of with a plain old station wagon. The mini van killed of the station wagon, the SUV is killing off the minivan.
    Funny you should say such a thing. Mercedes, Jaguar, and Audi are all making station wagons in 2021...and actually calling them station wagons, not "Crossover SUVs" Volvo never stopped making them. What was old is now new again.

Boolit Bub
    I hope they'll put out good guns at decent prices.

I dont expect the today's ruger to start offering guns in old, obscure chamberings.

Perhaps they can build a box-mag lever rifle to compete with the blr and henry....if were lucky it would take ar15 or ar10 mags, as the chambering dictates.

Boolit Man
    1. A .327 Lever action. I have the Henry Big Boy brass version and it is a looker, but I think Mar-ger could build one that functions better.
    2. A .327 Bolt action available in wood stock and left hand action. (More likely it would be a crap-tastic stock but it's my wish and I'm going for it!) I think this one is a pipe dream.
    3. A 17 Mach 2 Bolt action available in wood stock and left hand action. I know I know, asking for a rimfire gun on a reloaders forum is like asking for range brass at the DNC...

Boolit Master
    I don't think they will ever make a .327 Mag, as Marlin's .32 H&R didn't last long in their Cowboy lineup. Mine has feeding issues, and they would most likely get worse with the longer .327.

Boolit Master

IF the 39 comes back it's going to be a $700 rifle...just like it was when it was discontinued.

Not many people are willing to pay that kind of money for a 22.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Mold
    Maybe a 336 in .358 Win. with a color case hardened receiver an nice wood? A .35 Whelen would be a little to much to ask for!

Boolit Master

A .444 Marlin in various options and build it properly this time.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennygee View Post
    Maybe a 336 in .358 Win. with a color case hardened receiver an nice wood? A .35 Whelen would be a little to much to ask for!
    I have loaded for a 356 and it was a good shooter . We got it when they first came out and we could not find brass and used 308 brass in it.
    My son still has but has not been shot in a few years. A great cartridge for a lever gun.

Boolit Master
    Do away with that horrible crossbolt safety and produce an oct bbl 38-55 cowboy w/ 24" barrel
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Assuming we need not ask for a quality product, I will take 336’s in 7x30 Waters with a 24" barrel.
    Fixed it for you.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/

Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first as my dad used to tell me.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/Marlin_Firearms.pdf

Ruger has it's first Marlin catalog out now, some are pretty nice esp. the custom shop models.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    I don't think they will ever make a .327 Mag, as Marlin's .32 H&R didn't last long in their Cowboy lineup. Mine has feeding issues, and they would most likely get worse with the longer .327.
    I have to agree about the .327 Mag. It's a special niche caliber IMHO. An LGS in my area bought 3 Henry Big Boy Steel rifles in .327 Magnum over a year ago (They buy a lot of specialty guns) and has not sold one of them.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/Marlin_Firearms.pdf

Ruger has it's first Marlin catalog out now, some are pretty nice esp. the custom shop models.
    If I'm not mistaken, that is the 2020 Remlin catalog.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Ya know, Puma did the shortest of runs in the mighty 480 Ruger, I sure would love to see it done in a Marlin...…..

Doubt we will see any Ruger Marlins until the end of 2021 or even into 2022.

Boolit Master
    26" long octagon barrel in 32-20 with faster twist. Or since Ruger does make a bolt action in 44 mag how about one in 32-20?. One can dream can one?. Frank

How about a SS lever gun .357.

And as we are wishing I would like it to have a Hogue stock with a rifle type butt/recoil pad with spacers to adjust length of pull. And it should have a rear peep sight and some kind of hi-viz front sight. A rail type scope mount made into the top of the receiver would be nice.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Marlin is gone,they (Ruger) won’t be making anything for some time and when they do it will be something no one asked for.

Boolit Master

I know yer right...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast