MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Center X Jackets

Banned

Center X Jackets

Anyone have any experience with the “Center X” bullet jackets? How does it do in your dies when you swage them? I read up on their site and the seller just buys a bunch of them for resale. Can anyone elaborate more where these jackets come from and how they perform.

Boolit Man
    Just bought some 9mm but have not used them yet. Need to make a core swage die.
    Wish Richard would have stayed with the jackets.

Boolit Buddy
    As fr as handgun caliber jackets go, CenterX is about the only source I've found since RCE liquidated his inventory some years ago. I bought the last of Center-x's 'short' .380 jackets and asked when he'd be getting more. He told me he ordered in 25K quantities and had the 380's (short 9mm/.357- suitable only for SWC style)on the shelf for 5 years and was glad to be rid of them. SWC style bullets fell out of favor years ago due to leading problems but I have not encountered that difficulty (leading) with low velocity loads. Bottom line: Center-X jackets are OK in handgun calibers at moderate velocities and I have no experience in high velocity rifle calibers.