WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: 6mm molds

Boolit Master

6mm molds

Son Jim just put together a 6-45, so I figured to buy a mold set to cast some lead projectiles for cheap shooting. Who has a multi-cavity 6mm set making a<100 gr. boolit? No luck @ MP or NOE - any ideas?

Ed
    Last edited by Echo; 01-29-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Ed Noe makes a few 6mm mold that work well in my 243's. Not much data for cast out there. but you can find some here on this forum.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 01-29-2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Window's spell check thingy messed up the post
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Saeco 85g with IMR4831 has been magic in my 1980 R700V factory 6mm Rem.

40g,maybe a grain or two more is ragged small hole @100(5 shot groups).This is a couple grains over starting 85g jacketed book loads. Everything on the bullet has to be deadnuts on time. Can go 20+ rounds in my rig before a dry mop,to get rid of some built up powder fouling. Accuracy doesn't seem to care if it's clean or 1or2 shots in,1st cold bore is right with the rest of the group.

It has to rank up there as my favorite mould.

Moderator Emeritus

Depending on the rifles twist he may do better with a bearing length similar to the RCBS 95 or the Lyman 244496 @84 gr. Both shot better than my old 244497 in my 243.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

I just picked up a nice used Ideal 245496 sgl cav mold. While it's nice to have a multi-cav mold for pistol boolits, I think when casting for Rifle, sgl cav is just as good, maybe better for QC purposes? ...and it's not like you are gonna cast hundreds of them, right?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I've been wondering why neither MP nor Lee catalog a .243-ish mold. Accurate explains that their tooling has a minimum shank size, but both Lee and MP make .22s, so... The only ones I've found have been beyond my budget. SWMBO has been mourning a .243 she lost in the wreckage of a prior marriage, so I traded off a neurotic .444 Handi for a Savage bolt-gun for her, and we're looking to cast some training/plinking boolits for it. So far I've been stalking the S&S for one.
    Ed <><