MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure washers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    To winterize a pressure washer, you run RV antifreeze through the pump and hose. Just hand crank it until the antifreeze comes out the end of the hose. I wasn't successful doing that with my new pump, so I just removed the pump and stored it in the basement.
    I had know idea thanks
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master
    I did exactly as CastingFool advised. RV antifreeze seems to work as well as the more expensive stuff marketed for the same use. Probably the same stuff in a different bottle.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    I did exactly as CastingFool advised. RV antifreeze seems to work as well as the more expensive stuff marketed for the same use. Probably the same stuff in a different bottle.

Robert
    Wasn't my idea, Robert. I only did what the owners manual suggested. RB antifreeze is not poisonous like automotive antifreeze is, not that you're gonna drink water from a pressure washer

I've never used one of these - can you use soap in them? Or are they water only?

Buy a gas one. Every home needs a pressure washer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I've never used one of these - can you use soap in them? Or are they water only?
    Most decent ones, gas or electric have some means of soap dispensing, some internal with a suction hose setup (better) or via a wand attachment (poor) the local home improvement stores generally have a selection of soap concentrates for various tasks from car washing to concrete cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Most have a bottle or separate tank for (low foaming)soap.
    The machine mixes it in automatically.

Its basically a glorified version of how the quarter car wash does it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    We have a pool and a big circle driveway and I've spent days pressure washing and still haven't gotten the black mold from all of it removed. If you have a large area I'd seriously consider waiting until you can spend more to get one with more power. Either way I'd look in to a turbo nozzle to go with it, that will save you some time. Good luck

This is one of the main tasks I get done with mine. I've done driveways and sidewalks for 3 other households as well as mine. At present, I use a turbo nozzle, but if I get called to do many more, I have been looking at the various 'Surface Cleaners" like this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pressure washer surface cleaner.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	276259
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    IF you get a gas powered washer try to get one with a Honda motor, they are easier to start, they run better and last longer than any others I know of.

The "point of the spear" for pressure washers is the nozzle. To wash large level surfaces (drives, walkways, pool decks) a nozzle with an adjustable flat fan pattern works great and it's as fast as you're gonna get. There is a rotary spray pattern nozzle that works great for large vertical and wood surfaces, it's especially good for house walls and decks and for cleaning vehicles; very much worth having. Straight stream nozzles throw water far and high, they're really good for rinsing after cleaning house walls with soap, but be careful with it; mine (max 3,000 psi/3 gpm) will bore holes in most concrete if I don't keep it moving.

Quality high pressure washers usually have "quick connect" high pressure hoses and wands/nozzles that make it fast and simple to exchange spray patterns as needed. TSC (Tractor Supply Company) stores usually have a good collection of hoses, assorted nozzles plus "slow" and quick-change connectors for pressure washers. TSC has an adjustable extendable fiberglass shaft that makes washing most houses easy ... and without using ladders; I really LIKE that part!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12