WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Nipple caps

Nipple caps

No, not what you may be thinking, but attention getter I hope.

I was just looking for cap gun caps for possible primer rebuilding and saw these plastic caps (rather pricy) that one reviewer claims he used in his BP weapons. They are called "Pull Off Single Shot Caps".

Wondering if anyone here had tried them in the past and want to comment.

Saw it on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Parris-Pull-O...pb_opt?ie=UTF8

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

They have them in stores that sell cap guns for allot cheaper. They don't fit as well and are a little less reliable but they work.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy
    I have used the plastic "Super Bang" ring caps on cap and ball revolvers. They work.

Thanks guys, if or when TSHTF I may have to try some. It was my first time seeing these caps.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Man
    Spent a few hours at the range yesterday with My Pedersoli Hawken shooting 80Gr homemade powder and setting it off with Star-Caps made in Taiwan for cap guns. Have used Hundreds if not thousands of them. They fit #11 nipples but you need to roll them on with a finger and carry a pin in case a plastic plug gets stuck in the nipple top.

Boolit Buddy
    By the way, I shot 6 of them a couple weeks ago. They'd been sitting in a Ziplock bag in my crawlspace for close to 10 years. All went off OK. IMO it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a few packages, seal them up well, and stash them for a rainy day.

I watched a video of a guy using small pistol primers in short cut surgical tubing for a cap revolver and i tried it and it worked. I have a family member that is on oxygen and we change the tubing every so often so i have a good supply. you cut the tubing short so that it fits the nipple but still has enough space to hold the primmer but not too long that the hammer cant hit it hard enough. I tried it in my in line that takes caps it works. The way things are going if you run out of caps you can still shoot if you have small pistol primers. The tubing seems to hold up, its a one shot deal as far as the tubing goes. I would like to learn how to make my own caps but im not there yet i like making fire with rocks.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Boolit Mold
    Go over on 22lrreloader.com and take a look at the cap maker and the prime all compound. Works great.

Boolit Buddy
    Thier cap maker is a knockoff of the Tap o Cap, which I have. The Prime All is the H48 priming compound, which also works very well. This is money well spent. I acquired the individual chemicals for primers, but they may be hard to get now. Save your beer cans and make caps. A true symbiotic relationship!