WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: BTB out of business?

Boolit Mold

BTB out of business?

using the knowledge gleaned from reading thru the pages of castboolits over the years, I've cast my own and bought from others.

can anyone tell me if beartooth bullets has gone out of business?

Boolit Buddy
    Their website seems to still be alive. Maybe they're just swamped with orders like everyone else.

they are always slow to respond... order some boolits and in a few months you will get them...

Moderator Emeritus

I heard that Marshall retired a couple of years ago but don't know for certain.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Friend just received his order last week from Beartooth bullets. Agree with kerplode, probably extremely busy. Some online cast bullet sites are doing a temporary shutdown of their website till they can fill orders and create an inventory. Trying times to say the least and even more so if one is impatient.

Boolit Buddy
    My last order came in about a month ago, took longer than it used to, they told me they were very busy trying to catch up.
    Barry

Boolit Master
    Some of us during our lifetime are and have been surprised by some that have made it more difficult and slower to acquire what we want and when we want to enjoy our second amendment. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyntgi View Post
    When I first moved to the US, I was surprised by the multitude of people having guns and obtaining them so quickly.
    I do not understand the point or reason for this comment ^^^. I thought this thread was about Beartooth Bullets still being an active cast bullet manufacturer or not.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    I do not understand the point or reason for this comment ^^^. I thought this thread was about Beartooth Bullets still being an active cast bullet manufacturer or not.
    I would say he was calling attention to our American perspective on the matter. In many parts of the world, getting custom anything is a slow and expensive process. Here in the USA we have been blessed with a great deal of “instant gratification,” such that we are surprised by delays that are normal elsewhere. I would further say that the OP was correct to ask around about the experiences of others to try and determine the true state of affairs for this company... and that he probably got the reassurance he needed.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

6 weeks and counting for my lapping kit.....

Boolit Grand Master

I agree with Mr. Frog, just an observation of the quickly dwindling freedoms we have here in most states...

I fully understand Carolyntgi. Having grown up in CA nearly every aspect on my hobbies have been restricted in some way; waiting period for guns, restrictions on mail order components and purchasing components, ammo, etc., even lead for casting is restricted and lead is banned for bullets in many areas of the state (lead wheel weight have been illegal for some time). I escaped CA and after establishing residence in OR I purchased a handgun, in one day!
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

I had an lead bullet order in with them from last June. Came in first of March. They had a note of apology in the box. Said they'd been swamped. By that time I had forgot about it. Nice surprise.

I ordered from BTB a few years ago and in about 4-5 months my order showed up. I've never known them to NOT be busy and backed up. It's not a huge enterprise and they make a great bullet.

Pay your money and wait. Or don't, and order somewhere else.

Boolit Buddy
    Went to the website, http://beartoothbullets.com, and the webpage now says "This Account has been suspended.".