Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers on GunBroker

Boolit Master

Primers on GunBroker

Just saw $250.00 bid for 1,000 SR primers and the auction isn’t finished yet!
    I used to get ticked when Bass Pro wanted $40.00 per 1,000.
    Ads abound for 9mm SD ammo at $1.50 a round. Can’t wait to see what the proposed ‘micro-engraved’ traceable will cost.

Unbelievable.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Garyshome; 01-22-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Been up in that territory for at least a couple weeks now. I'm planning on rationing the primers and powder I have now for the next two years. I have been tempted to get a few powders at the 100-125`price range. Ones that are hard to come by in regular times.

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    If a person thought they’d become available again, now is the time to sell and replace with new stock later.... But will they ever become readily available again???
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master

I’m thinking even if things get back to normal supply-wise we can assume 20% rise in prices for components. Just hope five years down the road we aren’t reminiscing about when primers were 10 cents.

Boolit Grand Master

Highest sold price I have seen for 1,000 small rifle was $1,188
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. See where a former Democrat politician created a glove with a chip in it for a "smart gun"? Price was over $2,000. Wanna bet they push it to be only one acceptable?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelgun View Post
    If a person thought they’d become available again, now is the time to sell and replace with new stock later.... But will they ever become readily available again???
    I decided to do that. Left myself about a 4-6 year supply that will last a lifetime if I must conserve. I expect supply to return to normal but pricing in the $40-50/1000 range. Current backorders are running about one year, but some of that is driven by companies placing orders from multiple suppliers hopping to get something from someone. I am hoping it will take about 12-24 months to stabilize.

There is not a black hole sucking up every primer produced for eternity...it will ebb eventually. Concern that the government will attempt to inhibit sales only adds to increasing supply as factories will continue to run at capacity. Guys like me who would order 30-50k during promotions will not be able to do so...but that helps the normal user, and may help further reduce prices as inventories expand.

I have planned for that by helping friends who do not shoot a lot or reload. If orders are limited to say 10k, I will still get 50k by having them order for me...but most people will not do that.

I am planning for another shortage in 2024 when Harris steals the next election.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

The push for green primers with a limited shelf life prevents me from profiting from the current craziness. I am hopeful that things get better but I am planning for worst case.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    The push for green primers with a limited shelf life prevents me from profiting from the current craziness. I am hopeful that things get better but I am planning for worst case.
    This^

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I am 70. My timeline is shorter. No matter what happens, I can ride it out. If they banned all components tomorrow, I would not suffer or want for much. Green primers, do not concern me. If they come, I will use them and keep my current inventory for SHTF.
    Don Verna

Boolit Man
    Just sold an 8lb of Win 760 on GB for $566. I was just trying my money back since I don't shoot 760. So I started the auction at retail price of $188. Part of me feels guilty about this because it feels like I'm price gouging, which was never my intent. I honestly did not expect this. On the other hand, he's real happy and there were like 25 bids on an item that 6-months ago, I could hardly give away. I think I am going to find some extra goodies to throw in. Maybe a brick of primers would lessen my guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverJay View Post
    Just sold an 8lb of Win 760 on GB for $566. I was just trying my money back since I don't shoot 760. So I started the auction at retail price of $188. Part of me feels guilty about this because it feels like I'm price gouging, which was never my intent. I honestly did not expect this. On the other hand, he's real happy and there were like 25 bids on an item that 6-months ago, I could hardly give away. I think I am going to find some extra goodies to throw in. Maybe a brick of primers would lessen my guilt.
    You have nothing to feel guilty about. You started at a fair price and then the market did what the market does. Enjoy your profit, and go do something gun fun with it!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master
    You realize you need HazMat to ship it? You can get into a world of hurt if you ship illegally.

Hope you know what you are doing and not being set up
    Don Verna

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    You realize you need HazMat to ship it? You can get into a world of hurt if you ship illegally.

Hope you know what you are doing and not being set up
    I'm a Fedex approved hazmat shipper but thanks for the heads up. Been shipping powder and primers legally since 2013. So yeah, I kind of know what I am doing.
    Last edited by DiverJay; 01-23-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Boolit Master
    I'm a Fedex approved hazmat shipper but thanks for the heads up. Been shipping powder and primers legally since 2013. So yeah, I kind of know what I am doing.
    there is always one who assumes another is a idiot. funny you told him you are a HM shipper..made me chuckle

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    there is always one who assumes another is a idiot. funny you told him you are a HM shipper..made me chuckle
    Your response made me chuckle......

A word of caution from member who has researched the requirements to ship primers is not an assumption of another’s idiocy but instead exactly what it is, a word of caution.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Your response made me chuckle......

A word of caution from member who has researched the requirements to ship primers is not an assumption of another’s idiocy but instead exactly what it is, a word of caution.
    I disagree. There is a big difference between someone who has "researched the requirements" and someone who paid the fees, taken the class, passed the tests, received certification, and has shipped 1,000's of HM packages over the years. Some people should stay in their lane rather than make assumptions and cast ominous warnings to those they do not know; no matter how well intentioned they may be. And yeah, I did feel like I was being called an idiot and the insinuation was definitely there that I was somehow doing something illegal. Not cool.

Boolit Grand Master
    I disagree. There is a big difference between someone who has "researched the requirements" and someone who paid the fees, taken the class, passed the tests, received certification, and has shipped 1,000's of HM packages over the years. Some people should stay in their lane rather than make assumptions and cast ominous warnings to those they do not know; no matter how well intentioned they may be. And yeah, I did feel like I was being called an idiot and the insinuation was definitely there that I was somehow doing something illegal. Not cool.
    Sorry I offended you but I see a lot of folks on gun forums who do not know that a HM is required. If you have been here for a while you will see a lot of threads about it and examples....but with only 70 posts I suppose you may have missed them all.

BTW, your low post count was the "red flag" I used to assume you may be ignorant...btw that does not imply stupidity...just lack of knowledge.

Anyway, if you have gotten your undies in a knot get over it...forgive and forget and move on.

Again. sorry I assumed you were ignorant of the regulations. I will try to avoid your posts in the future. One of my best friends is named "Jay" and I am buying a tank for my PCP gun, so it will not be hard to remember you Mr. DiverJay.
    Don Verna

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Sorry I offended you but I see a lot of folks on gun forums who do not know that a HM is required. If you have been here for a while you will see a lot of threads about it and examples....but with only 70 posts I suppose you may have missed them all.

BTW, your low post count was the "red flag" I used to assume you may be ignorant...btw that does not imply stupidity...just lack of knowledge.

Anyway, if you have gotten your undies in a knot get over it...forgive and forget and move on.

Again. sorry I assumed you were ignorant of the regulations. I will try to avoid your posts in the future. One of my best friends is named "Jay" and I am buying a tank for my PCP gun, so it will not be hard to remember you Mr. DiverJay.
    Apology accepted. Have fun playing with your BB gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast