Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enhanced by Google

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    It means we are using Google search as we always have.
    Mine is suddenly a different design. From the old white bar it went to a larger bar almost blocking out the "advanced search" and has two vertical lines in the middle of it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    The Aussies are about to hurt Google in their wallet.

Rather than pay for certain content/links they share, Google has threatened to shut down its search engine in Australia.
    I tried to read the article about it over on Citizen Free Press without smiling, but couldn't.
    Europe is heading down that same path. Poland is about to become Facebooks least best friend.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Noticed the same thing but mine is on the right side just above Advanced Search.
    Yes , it's on the right side of my screen too . Looks like it covers the old "Advanced Search" window .
    All this has left me not knowing my left from my right . Technology frightens me ... I will just not go there .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    We have used duck duck go for several years now to prevent spying. No choice here though.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Mine is suddenly a different design. From the old white bar it went to a larger bar almost blocking out the "advanced search" and has two vertical lines in the middle of it.
    Yes, it changed a few weeks ago.
    It use to say "Google Custom Search" and a white window to type you keywords into.
    Now, just click on "enhanced by Google" to open the window for Google's custom search.
    It is a very simple version of search and many times works better than the advanced search.
    ...BUT yes, Google does collect search data, where as the Advanced Search is only within this website's software and doesn't collect search data, as I understand it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Google or not, if we are on the web using any technology, someone is watching.

Boolit Master

There are choices for how you search this site. First, I didn’t know why anyone would use anything “Google” that can be avoided. They’re the biggest data mining organization in the world outside of the US government (or maybe the Chinese). You can search this site from any search engine including Dogpile, Duckduckgo, Bing, etc. by simply typing “castboolits [item you’re searching]” without the quote marks. To exclude other sites in the top returns you can type: site:castboolits.gunloads.com [what you’re looking for] without the brackets. It’s a pain to type that much but it’s an option. It’s how I find old threads and it works well.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I noticed it after I had to do an upgrade download on my Mac Laptop - and yes - "Big
    Brother" is watching - as well as Biden's good buddies in Red China I'm sure.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I suspect the change in image is a coding problem on Willie's end.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    You know google has algorithms geared to not find relevant firearms related searches. And I don't know anyone who was able to find content they've searched for. Do you see a pattern?
    It’s a front door to a custom search of the Castboolits site. I find the things I’m searching for on a regular basis.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Get AdBlock (or Brave web browser), and that stuff doesn't clutter up your screen.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Excellent book:
    "Life After Google"
    points out
    "If the service is free, then you are the product"

I recently searched everything ever written here about Green Dot.
    Took all afternoon to read half of it.
    I started here searching everything about H110.
    That search took most of the year 2010.
    Thanks for the education!
    Powder manufacturers don't seem to shoot much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12