Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enhanced by Google

Boolit Grand Master

Enhanced by Google

I haven't been on site for a few days and now there is a small banner , on right side of the screen , with the notice ... " Enhanced by Google "
    is the "Man" ...( new leadership) ... listening to what I say ... what does it all mean ... are we now the enemy of the state ? I had heard Google wasn't our friends ... but I don't know squat about the meaning of "Enhanced" .
    Anyone have a clue ?
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 01-22-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: right side of screen location ...not left
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Noticed the same thing but mine is on the right side just above Advanced Search.

Boolit Master
    Yes, I’ve seen that for awhile now. On my iPad, it interferes with advanced search. Google is not a friend. I recently deleted my YouTube account, and my Google account. It wasn’t easy. I have been using ExpressVPN to browse, and have been looking at the dark web. I fear that’s where conservative ideas and firearms talk are headed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Noticed the same thing but mine is on the right side just above Advanced Search.
    I turned the Brave shields back on, and specifically blocked scripts to make it go away. Now I'll see if this interferes with my use of the site. I've had the shields off up until now for CB.

Boolit Buddy
    That's the search bar. The "Enhanced by Google" thing is because the site search function uses google.

Yes, the "enhanced by Google" banner nearly blocks the advanced search feature on my desk-top screen as well and makes it difficult to reach on my phone. The board search feature works better in my opinion.

Boolit Master

And Big Brother is always Watching ��
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Yes the "enhanced by google" is new. You should know that they record everything here for later use. Those of you that post pics of their guns or loading rooms, well, they have it. Loose lips sink ships!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It means we are using Google search as we always have.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Darn it! I thought I was important enough to be monitored by the govmint .
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Why the heck are we still using Google when we know who they are and what they do? Is there not an option that is less nefarious?
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    Probably falls into the same category as why we don't have SSL enabled...This is how it is and the management doesn't feel it's necessary to do something different.

Site search here has pretty much always been google-base, btw. At least for as long as I've been around anyway.

Don't worry about it too much. You're already on all the lists...

Boolit Master

I am personally trying to stay off big brothers watch list. No one likes a nosey neighbor.

We can disagree with Google but their search algorithms are excellent. Their search engine is bought advertising and bias, but its no worse than weeding out the BS found while using others.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Might want to switch to DuckDuckGo or Dogpile. IMO DuckDuckGo works much better. Dogpile is a search engine of search engines. Google is liable to bar you (and us) any day now, and they definitely skew their search results to people who pay them. And I've been on the lists a lot longer than I've been a member here.

Banned
    It's the new Google search bar. Run your mouse over it, to the right and click the box to open the search window.

The Aussies are about to hurt Google in their wallet.

Rather than pay for certain content/links they share, Google has threatened to shut down its search engine in Australia.
    I tried to read the article about it over on Citizen Free Press without smiling, but couldn't.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    That's the search bar. The "Enhanced by Google" thing is because the site search function uses google.
    Now I know why the search function doesn't work.

You know google has algorithms geared to not find relevant firearms related searches. And I don't know anyone who was able to find content they've searched for. Do you see a pattern?

Boolit Master

I search on my computer all the time, using Google, and never have had a problem finding shooting, weapon info, or reloading stuff on it. That is, if I can figure out what it is, exactly. What's the thread? My mind is going? Can't remember.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Moderator Emeritus

I switched over to Duck awhile ago. I also put a piece of dark tape over my tablet and notebook web cams. To many stories of big brother watching to take a chance. Tin foil? Dunno but real easy to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast