Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Jan. 22

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Jan. 22

Good morning all. A little late this morning, so I'll get right to it. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, January 22, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Spiritual Lightweight

“Tekel means ‘weighed’—you have been weighed on the balances and have not measured up.”
    —Daniel 5:27

The other day I was at the gym, and an employee asked me if I wanted to step onto their scale. It was a very fancy scale, so I said okay. Then he measured me to see how tall I was. I discovered that I was shorter than I originally thought, and I weighed more than I was supposed to weigh.

On God’s scales, though, we want to weigh more, not less.

The Bible tells us about a spiritual lightweight, the grandson of King Nebuchadnezzar. His name was Belshazzar, and he went out of his way to mock God.

One day during a feast, King Belshazzar asked for the gold and silver cups that Nebuchadnezzar had taken from the Temple in Jerusalem. Then Belshazzar and the others drank from them and praised the false gods of Babylon.

While they did this, a hand appeared and began writing on the wall. Then a terrified Belshazzar summoned Daniel to interpret the message.

Daniel told him, “This is the message that was written: Mene, mene, tekel, and Parsin. This is what these words mean: Mene means ‘numbered’—God has numbered the days of your reign and has brought it to an end. Tekel means ‘weighed’—you have been weighed on the balances and have not measured up. Parsin means ‘divided’—your kingdom has been divided and given to the Medes and Persians” (Daniel 5:25–28 NLT).

Belshazzar stepped onto God’s scales, and there was nothing there. So that was the end for him.

I believe that God is giving us a warning today. He’s telling us that our time is short. I don’t know when the end of the world will be, but the end of your world or mine could come sooner than we expect. So don’t be a fool like Belshazzar. Don’t be a spiritual lightweight.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen. Thoughts like that trouble me often. This speaks volumes to me. They world may not be ending any time soon. But ours could end at any moment. Death comes like a theif in the night and makes all men equal.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Amen and yes this is a daily reminder for us all!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Very good lesson today . Should be thought and action provoking .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

amen!!!!

Amen and AMEN!
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!