WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus

I have not recieved mine yet, but other members of my family have, which is a little worrying.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Yes,, we have. Early Jan.
    Uncle Joe will have a HUGE debt to try & get us out of.
    Joe and the Ho plus Yellin spells MUCH MORE DEBT.

Boolit Master

Supposedly the payment for my wife and I was mailed the 6th. It still has not arrived.

I've been watching for it since I already spent my share.
    NRA Benefactor.

Moderator Emeritus

Gf yes, me no. Got the 1st one though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    DG,
    Let us know how that works out for you. While I received a paper check, I knew they were sending debit cards to some people. So before my check arrived, I asked my Bank if I could transfer/deposit funds, if I were to receive such a card, which I figured everyone was gonna get, that didn't get the automatic deposit from the Treasury. The Bank said the only way they knew of, was to withdraw funds via ATM, and then deposit the cash. There would be fees to getting the cash out of a ATM. I am glad I got a paper check.
    Good Luck,
    Jon
    Glad to oblige. I don't know about your bank, but mine is closed to customers except by appointment only. They keep the lobby door locked. This is US Bank. The only way to do business with them is the ATM or the drive up window. Well, I drove up to the window and explained about the card to the teller. She was familiar with them, and said she could cash the card out and put it in the savings account, but since it had both my wife's and my name on it she would need signatures from both of us on the deposit slip. Naturally....my wife wasn't along! She is disabled and dislikes going to town unless it's an absolute "must", such as a Dr.'s appointment. But, the teller said that I should be able to empty the card out at the ATM, as others had been successful in doing so (she thought). So, drove around the building and got out, waited for my turn, stuck the card in the machine, and it seemed kind of confused. It asked for the pin, then what did I want to do? I picked "withdraw cash". Then it wanted to know from what, Checking, Savings, Credit Card? It's a very new, modern machine, and usually greets me by name, shows my accounts, etc., but not this time. I didn't have a clue, so I picked "Checking". Then it asked how much with various choices up to $200. There was another choice, "more choices". I picked that one, and entered $1,200.00, and it asked how I wanted the cash, in $100s or $20s. I picked $100s and it the displayed the message, "There is not enough money in the account. Try again later." So, back around the building where I told the teller about my failure, and she said I probably should have picked "Credit Card." Couldn't have been talking about my regular checking account, as there was close to $3k in it. Back around the building to the ATM and gave it another shot. Picked "Credit Card", the rest was the same, and then it displayed the message, "This ATM does not support this transaction." Back to the teller, who was out of ideas. She said that if I bring the Mrs. in and we both sign a withdrawal request, then she takes it to the Cash Advance terminal. So, really as far as this bank is concerned it's like a loan. Not too sure what I'm going to do-- maybe call the number on the form letter that came with the card and see what they have to say. I was joking with the teller that probably the Govt. has already gone bankrupt just over the last 24 hours, and there is no money to be had.

DG

What is typical of the federal government is that with first payment last year, it went straight into our account (savings) that we paid out taxes with in July. So far nothing has been deposited for this time. Stupid federal government. Daughter got hers, same bank, both times.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"IMHO, all we are doing is bequeathing our future generations with an inheritance of massive debt. However, I don't know of an alternative. Just let everyone suffer? I'm afraid I don't have an answer. BTW, wife and I have both gotten each round of stimulus. Helps us some, but if I were a single parent with children and no job (because my employer was shut down) it wouldn't go far."

Yep, just wait until the potus and pelosi get finished in a few years.....you ain't seen nothin' yet!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have no doubt that there are many folks in dire need of a "stimulus check" - but let's look at a few things .

I have heard many talk about their stimulus check as "free" help from the government for a bad situation . . . . but there is nothing "free" in this life . . . what the government is doing is turning around and giving money to the people;e that is money paid by the taxpayer of this country and for which many folk's g-g-g- grandchildren will still be paying for in generations to come.

Again, I have no issues with folks who need it, getting it . . . but let's to forget the first round of "stimulus" - pushed through Congress by those who sit in Congress - it is well known that a number of Universities, businesses and just plain people who abused the system nd got the money - to include spouses of Representatives.

One question that I can't seem to find the answer to so maybe someone here can point to the facts - these stimulus checks that are "free" - are they "taxable" as income? If so - what is so "free" about them?

I can't quite place where in the Bible it is - I'm assuming the passage must be somewhere - possibly in a shrouded play on words but it has been going on since Adam and Eve - "What the people giveth, the government just keeps wanting more and more."

Boolit Master
    We got ours e-check, everyone else got there. I'll ask Mom but I think they also are e-check. We got ours within days after it pasted.

Noted that we are being told now be months before the rest of the funds are going to be turn over out of the 2000 we were told would be soon. Sound like we are going to get paid for them taking something away. Now what are we losing this time?

Boolit Grand Master

Not taxable but must be reported as income, according to LOML who has done taxes professionally.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by eveready View Post
    My two daughters both got theirs early this month. I haven't got mine. My understanding is that there will be a way to claim it when we file our 2019 income tax.
    2020 tax form 1040 line 30 (they call it rebate) where you can use unclaimed stimulus as part of your tax payment...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Glad to oblige. I don't know about your bank, but mine is closed to customers except by appointment only. They keep the lobby door locked. This is US Bank. The only way to do business with them is the ATM or the drive up window. Well, I drove up to the window and explained about the card to the teller. She was familiar with them, and said she could cash the card out and put it in the savings account, but since it had both my wife's and my name on it she would need signatures from both of us on the deposit slip. Naturally....my wife wasn't along! She is disabled and dislikes going to town unless it's an absolute "must", such as a Dr.'s appointment. But, the teller said that I should be able to empty the card out at the ATM, as others had been successful in doing so (she thought). So, drove around the building and got out, waited for my turn, stuck the card in the machine, and it seemed kind of confused. It asked for the pin, then what did I want to do? I picked "withdraw cash". Then it wanted to know from what, Checking, Savings, Credit Card? It's a very new, modern machine, and usually greets me by name, shows my accounts, etc., but not this time. I didn't have a clue, so I picked "Checking". Then it asked how much with various choices up to $200. There was another choice, "more choices". I picked that one, and entered $1,200.00, and it asked how I wanted the cash, in $100s or $20s. I picked $100s and it the displayed the message, "There is not enough money in the account. Try again later." So, back around the building where I told the teller about my failure, and she said I probably should have picked "Credit Card." Couldn't have been talking about my regular checking account, as there was close to $3k in it. Back around the building to the ATM and gave it another shot. Picked "Credit Card", the rest was the same, and then it displayed the message, "This ATM does not support this transaction." Back to the teller, who was out of ideas. She said that if I bring the Mrs. in and we both sign a withdrawal request, then she takes it to the Cash Advance terminal. So, really as far as this bank is concerned it's like a loan. Not too sure what I'm going to do-- maybe call the number on the form letter that came with the card and see what they have to say. I was joking with the teller that probably the Govt. has already gone bankrupt just over the last 24 hours, and there is no money to be had.

DG
    DG,
    If there is some ATM fees involved, that message is likely correct...could be as much as 3% ($36 on $1200)...maybe try $1100 ? If some funds remain, maybe use it to buy gas at a Prepay style gas station...they'll know what's left...or you can call the number on the card.

Another thing my banker told me, was some people were having problems with the stimulus Debit card. In MN, Bank Lobbys were closed for a while, but are opened up now.
    Good Luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

SHMBO and I got ours the next day deposited into our checking account just like the first round.

Boolit Master
    My wife and I got our check on 1-21-2021. The official web site said it was mailed on 1-6-21.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TCFAN View Post
    My wife and I got our check on 1-21-2021. The official web site said it was mailed on 1-6-21.
    That's encouraging. Hopefully we'll get ours soon.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Mind came to my bank account 1-4,but I didn't know it until my statement came a month later.only $600.00. But every little bit helps.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 01-22-2021 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Window's spell check thingy messed up the post
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    DG,
    If there is some ATM fees involved, that message is likely correct...could be as much as 3% ($36 on $1200)...maybe try $1100 ? If some funds remain, maybe use it to buy gas at a Prepay style gas station...they'll know what's left...or you can call the number on the card.

Another thing my banker told me, was some people were having problems with the stimulus Debit card. In MN, Bank Lobbys were closed for a while, but are opened up now.
    Good Luck.
    Thanks. I guess it will sort itself out. I'm back home in my mountain retreat, and not returning to town until the 1st part of next month. I'd be willing to bet that some of the folks who say they haven't received their check were sent one of these cards and just trashed them out as being advertisements. Meanwhile, I'll look into how to access the card.

DG

Boolit Buddy

I got the same card in the mail and almost trashed it too. The fee list says the first use is free, ATM or teller . didnt want or need it, probably send it to the DAV. JOHO aint my uncle and bloody well isnt my CIC either.

May I say that philosophically I'm quite opposed to these "everybody gets one" stimulus payments. I can see the Govt. helping out citizens who need the help, especially the ones that they put into that position by their Covid-19 policies. But I feel that those who do not need it should not receive it. However, it must be recognized that the Govt. has borrowed the money in all of our names, or has printed the money in all of our names which will result in higher taxes and inflation, and that will effect all of us. So, if I'm going to have to pay for it I might as well take the money. I'm sure that I'll also be taxed on it. If they offered a choice, take it or not, I'm quite certain that those who sent it back would still pay for those who did not.

DG

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    +++ 1 ^^^^^^^ to DG - well worded

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast