Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Pacific Multi Power O press?

Banned

Pacific Multi Power O press?

Anything special about these? Never seen one before, just wondering if it's an especially good press or what?

Boolit Master
    Richhodg66, that was my first press, which I bought as a kit with a Pacific scale and measure, and a set of 30-06 dies. That was back in 1984, and replaced my Lee Loaders. I'm not sure how it compares to a Rock Chucker in size or weight, but it is a fine press, and is still my main press for rifle calibers.

Banned
    The O and C frame versions came about in 1972 after Pacific removed Dietmeyer from control of the company. Since he took all their existing designs with him they were forced to come up with new tools. The blue models are 100% Pacific, the color was changed to red within a year or so when Hornady bought Pacific.

It's a good press, about the same size and capabilities as the more familiar Rockchucker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New 003 (3).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	275833

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=.....that was my first press, which I bought as a kit with a Pacific scale and measure, and a set of 30-06 dies......[/QUOTE]

Same here. This press has been my only single stage since I purchased my kit in 1981 (it’s red but still stamped Pacific). It’s loaded thousands of rounds and I have no plans to change.
    Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only used mine since the mid 1970's so I'm not sure whether it's gonna hold up or not.

I only use it for bottleneck rifle cartridges now, but it has done a great job for me on everything I have thrown at it. I have loaded thousands of pistol cartridges on it, but bought a Lee Classic Turret about 5 years ago and don't use it as much. I have a 1976 Pacific catalog with a parts list if you need a copy I'll upload that page for you.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Master

I have a RED P Pacific press in the box with no mention of Hornady anywhere. Its older. Unfortunately Im unable to Post pics. But its a O press design and also "angled" for
    Easier access. Its says 00-7 on box end. And Pacific reloading tools in red on top.

Your saying this was a HORNADY owned company because its RED in Color?

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banned
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ific-007-press

Yes, the 00-7 came along several years later, replacing the original Pacific design.

Boolit Master
    I have a red Pacific 'O' press with the compound leverage, bought it 1971/72? Still in use for heavy sizing of military brass,case reforming, other jobs needing strong leverage. Built like the Rockchucker with compound leverage. My blue Pacific 'C' press broke/cracked so the red Pacific 'O' replaced it. Was my only press for 10plus years, then the Lee turret appeared, with no need to thread dies in out over and over, I went astray.