RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: 30 cal pellet mould from NOE??

Boolit Grand Master

30 cal pellet mould from NOE??

Looks like NOE makes a 65ish grain 30 cal. pellet mould. Just wondering if anyone has used this and how it works? Have a Hatsan on order and pellets for this thing are a whole lot more expensive than my 22 pellets!!

I have done only limited testing with the .30 cal "Magnum" pellet from NOE, in a 26" twist TJ's barrel.... It shot well at close range, but was subject to spiralling at longer ranges.... I did not have the opportunity to reduce the velocity, which is generally the cure for spiralling.... On the other hand, the .30 cal "Hunter" pellet (3 weights of 46-50 gr.) shot as good or better than the JSB 45 gr. Exacts in that barrel, and had a better BC as well.... Unless you have a .30 cal capable of well over 100 FPE, I would suggest you use the lighter Hunter pellets.... They hit harder than the JSBs as well, with the Meplat delivering more energy (and some expansion), and less likely to icepick through a large varmint such as a Marmot or Groundhog like the JSBs....

Bob

Boolit Buddy

rockrat sis you get the woos or the synthetic stock rifle? I just got the 130s in 30 cal and ordered some Hatsan Vortex pellets to play with until my store reopens due to Covid. I am not complaining as I know it will get easier as I go but she is a beast to cock and it is quiet and I shot mine indoors. Let us know how you like it and maybe we can compare notes as we go. Terry
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Boolit Grand Master
    I ordered the wood stock version.