Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionPBcastco
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: The little shop that could.

Boolit Master

The little shop that could.

I stopped at a new LGS. Mt Carmel guns and ammo. Just a little hole in the wall shop. They had 38 super for 23.00. I grabbed a box. And they had gun powder. I got a pound of 2400 for 25.00. And a box of Hornady 17 HMR. At 15.00.

If anyone is near Mt Carmel Pa. And needs some items. It might be worth your time. They had maybe 10 different powders. A lot of dies. No primers. The shop is on Oak st.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    2400 is £45 a lb here

Moderator Emeritus

Stopped in my last earlier and saw a pound of H4350. Said um, whats that behind the counter. He smiled and said it was reserved - for him. Told him at least to turn the bottle around.

Boolit Master

I stopped in today again. Bought a Rossi 22 rifle and a lb of clays. Nice folks. We shot the bull while waiting for NICS.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned

I can find powder around here at several places. Really don't need any, but wanted some IMR 4198 the other day and got some. One shop still has several bottles of IMR 4320, I need to go buy them out since it's discontinued now.

Boolit Master

Cool Rich. The clays powder is new to me. So i'll have fun working up new loads. The rifle was 100.00 less than the LGS i usually buy from. He jumped on the gouging band wagon. His loss my gain i say. Plus the new LGS is less than 1/2 the distance.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master
    My Clays Load is 3.2g, almost 2,200 rounds to the pound. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Yes i was looking at data. Very impressed how little is needed. 44 mag 200 grain swc was only 4.5-6 grains.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Grand Master
    You will like Clays for light loads. I found it accurate in my .38 Spl guns.

Nice score.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Cool i'll try some in my 4 inch 38. It's the closest i have to a subby. Besides my .32 sw long.
    One round at a time.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I stopped in today again. Bought a Rossi 22 rifle and a lb of clays. Nice folks. We shot the bull while waiting for NICS.
    I just ordered the same 22 from my last yesterday. Don't really need one but hey cheap enough to satisfy the itch.

Boolit Master

Cool MrWolf. I shot mine today. Zeroed in the sights. It was awful wet on the ground. I quit shooting it when my feet got wet and cold. But anyways im happy with it.

Then today i was back at the new LGS bought my 1st CZ. I got a 457 in 22 WMR. I traded 4 Hi-point pistols. He gave me 400.00 for them. So the rifle was 58.00 out of pocket.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master
    I’m going by my old memory here but I think you will find Red dot is also good to use as well as clays. I’ve loaded .380acp- 30-30 and had good results with less powder.
    Of course you have to be careful of a double charge like with other powders.
    Enjoy n be safe.

Mike

Boolit Master

Yeppers i love red dot too. I wiped out his powder stock over the past few weeks. Last 2 bottles i bought were tite wad. 19 bucks ea.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master

A little up date on the shop. They are closing until Oct. To open a 2nd shop in Berwick Pa. I stopped in today to pay on my layaway. I asked the gal at the shop. Whey don't they have her run the shop. She said they like to have 2 people there. For security. Im thinking to myself. If they don't have someone to work along side her now. How are they going to run 2 shops? There was a couple of people who did work there and left. They will be open by appt at least while they open the 2nd shop.
    One round at a time.