Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotary tumbler ?

Banned

peanut jar for tumbling small batches

I put many different containers in the buckets I put in the permanently mounted bucket with my tumbler

free treadmill off craigslist, 2x4 frame for guides, set the bucket or buckets on the belt and adjust speed, sure it's not compact but it's cheap quick and dirty.

Boolit Bub

how to figure out sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by TrxR View Post
    Thinking about putting together a rotary tumbler.

Have a couple of options for a motor. An old furnace fan motor 1/4 HP 1750rpm I believe or I was thinking about using a windshield wiper motor powered with either an old pc power supply or a an old 12V laptop adapter.

Was thinking two shafts mounted parallel in pillow blocks. Rapping the shafts with rubber hose for grip. If I use the wiper motor I was going to run it direct to one of the shafts. If using the furnace fan motor I will use a pulley and belt setup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Use this to figure pulley and shaft sizes m= motor, mp= motorpulley, dp= drive pulley, ds= drive shaft size, td= tumbler size (dia.), dr= drum rpm m x mp x ds over td x dp = dr Drum speed needs to be about 48 rpm.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TrxR View Post
    Thinking about putting together a rotary tumbler.

Have a couple of options for a motor. An old furnace fan motor 1/4 HP 1750rpm I believe or I was thinking about using a windshield wiper motor powered with either an old pc power supply or a an old 12V laptop adapter.

Was thinking two shafts mounted parallel in pillow blocks. Rapping the shafts with rubber hose for grip. If I use the wiper motor I was going to run it direct to one of the shafts. If using the furnace fan motor I will use a pulley and belt setup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Go to reloading equipment on this forum. Go to stickey homade tumbler plans and pulley sizes explaned.

Boolit Master

Here's one I built & posted here a few years ago.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=tumbler

Boolit Man
    Thanks everyone. Got a real good deal on a lonestar tumbler (150 cad) . Might still put together another one out of spare parts i have kicking around.

Threw this together, idea was fill drum with dirty brass, roll handtruck abomination up to the drum tip back add water and turn on. after a bit drain rinse and turn on blower to dry.

Turns out even with ten percent of desired capacity it just doesn't work, need a stronger drum, a stronger motor or more reduction, replace caster wheels with roller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUGe6pHruwQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12