Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New to reloading, just bought a "lot" of reloading equipment

Quote Originally Posted by corybrown50 View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot rationalize a new firearm for 15 or so primed brass at this time.
    Leave them in a dark room, with some soft background music, and a cigarette.
    Maybe they'll multiply.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Leave them in a dark room, with some soft background music, and a cigarette.
    Maybe they'll multiply.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had a large collection of stuff as well, obtained much like you described. However I will all be gone before I have my 30 days or 30 posts. So unfortunately some here wouldn't get opportunity. I like this site and lot of great information. Their place, their rules.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Monobill View Post
    I had a large collection of stuff as well, obtained much like you described. However I will all be gone before I have my 30 days or 30 posts. So unfortunately some here wouldn't get opportunity. I like this site and lot of great information. Their place, their rules.
    Well hey there neighbor! You're close to the posts...definitely a fun website. Many people that are active, nice, and well educated.

I was amused by that Ed, thanks.

Boolit Bub
    Well..... I've got the inventory done. Just waiting a few more days to load on S&S....

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I for one have never been sorry I kept brass, bullets or dies I "thought" I'd never use, typically I was wrong about "never" needing some of it.

Needing the coin to offset the purchase is another issue. Right now a local ad in Craig's list is your best bet, but don't have buyers come to your home... and go armed
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    I for one have never been sorry I kept brass, bullets or dies I "thought" I'd never use, typically I was wrong about "never" needing some of it.

Needing the coin to offset the purchase is another issue. Right now a local ad in Craig's list is your best bet, but don't have buyers come to your home... and go armed
    I completely agree if meeting a local. CL is an interesting idea. I have just finished the inventory last night. Just need to continue my "holding pattern" for the 30 days before posting anything here.

Boolit Master
    I would rather buy brass as is.

Before I trim a 357 case down, I would trade it for .38 special with a bias favoring the magnum cases.

Also, Miss Piggy looks better with a .44 caliber hole than a smaller one. I would consider holding onto the .44 brass ..... but then look at my Forum name!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I have more multiples of items than I do odd ones. I've been entertaining a good bench cleaning of things I know I no longer need. Such as two sets of .222 dies, and I've never owned a .222 rifle.

Odd dies. A good friend of mine loves collecting odd ball caliber guns. He'd not used Evilbay in a long time and was having fits trying to log back in. He posted about his dilemma with his account. Not long before, he'd posted about a rifle he'd picked up. I looked on Evilbay and saw a new old stock in the box set of dies for it. I was certain that was what he was after. I sent him a text asking if that was what he was after? YES! was his reply. They were on a Buy It Now for $35. I snagged them and had them sent to him. Those dies were custom dies by RCBS, they had ceased making them even on a custom order long ago. When they were making them, can you believe $425.00 for one set dies?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234