Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I backorder primers?

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know of any places that'll let you backorder primers or power anymore. If they did, they'd have 100 backorders for every one unit of product they received, which is just a recipe for a bunch of mad customers and drama.

You gotta just sign up to be notified where possible and keep checking, and if you see some available, buy them immediately.

Super Moderator

......................Waksupi, I'm still waiting for those Loob grooves I was promised 6 years ago! I was in a local gunshop a couple days ago just hanging around. They're quite small in area but try to carry as much stuff as possible. A guy came in and was looking at upgrading his Dillon 750, but was also asking about small pistol primers for some 9mm he was gonna load. I mulled it around as I had several 1000 rnd bricks and said, "I'll sell ya a thousand for $50."

He just looked at me and said, "Appreciate it but that's just too expensive". Just a week or so previously the store owner mentioned to me that he knows of a couple places that was AUCTIONING primers! People calling were allowed to enter a bid, and he said they were selling for like $335 plus shipping and Haz Mat! Holy freaking Hanna onna pogo stick!!!!!!!!!!. Trust me, I didn't try to push my offer by ANY means!

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    I’m amazed, these places are even out of #11 percussion caps!
    That’s how you can tell that things are serious.

Boolit Grand Master

Things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I browsed through several online sites yesterday. Practically NO reloading components in any of them. NO reloading dies or bullet molds. Even simple things such as resizing lube is out of stock. Conspiracy? That is the only thing that will explain it.

Boolit Buddy
    You would think you'd at least see some stock intermittently. Which I suppose we are seeing, but very very little. Midway got some lee molds last week, gone immediately. Powder valley got some primers yesterday, gone immediately. I think we are just seeing way more people getting in to loading. Consider that before all the shelves were empty we were already paying more than usual for a lot of ammo since walmart stopped selling pistol rounds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I browsed through several online sites yesterday. Practically NO reloading components in any of them. NO reloading dies or bullet molds. Even simple things such as resizing lube is out of stock. Conspiracy? That is the only thing that will explain it.
    It's a conspiracy of the stupid and unprepared.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    You got that right!

Like the fellow in Buckshot's post who turned down $50 primers. I cannot understand people that think that way. It goes beyond ignorance or pig headedness, and approaches mental deficiency.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    [QUOTE=Buckshot;5091361]......................Waksupi, I'm still waiting for those Loob grooves I was promised 6 years ago!"

With all modesty, I must say I DO probably have the most efficient backorder system in the world.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Powder valley has them in stock right now.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...-primers-1000/
    You better go look again.

ACC

Boolit Master
    We tried to order back March/2020 for 27-29 per 1000. They never showed. We found others for 37.00. Over the summer.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I doubt anyone will find any place that will accept backorders for primers.
    I have long standing relationships with a half dozen gun shops and none of them will backorder primers for me.

Believe me, I have tried and they simply won't...they don't want to hear about how much business you have done in there shops over the years, even decades.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    ................ You are correct. I'm 67 YO and I've been through 4-5 of these 'Shortages' before. It didn't take me long to learn. For some reason I have this "Thing", that if I like something I like to have a lot of it. Also, you should be in some condition to cover "Flight, Fight, and survive". If you think about it there are several things you can do to advance your situation. Some requires a bit of preparation, like storing fuel/gas. Which I do (4x5 gal), and rotate it once a year through our 2 autos, and then refill. A years supply of Wise camping/emergency freeze dried food is kept, and the 5 gal plastic buckets are in 2 sheet steel 'Anti vermin boxes' in the crawl space under the house. I had the local AC outfit gin them up for me.

Another issue is the fact that there are several million "City Folk" in Los Angeles & Orange counties just 60 miles to the west. Nowadays most people can't do a darned thing for themselves unless there is an 'AP" for it on their cell phone, and if the cell towers are down, it's "Katie bar the door". Most of the people in the cities are freaking helpless, and don't have the first idea of what to do unless they're told or shown. So it's a social endemic to find the prepared and get it from them. Just think, recently everybody suddenly needed 5 cases of toilet paper Here in So. Calif water is a big deal if the SHTF scenario occurs. A couple reasons is there isn't a lot (like none) naturally occurring locally. Plastic bottled water will keep a LONG time in a temperate climate. Now if you need a shower every day with this stuff going down, you have other problems

Now then, if you're doing well and several million are not so well off, some of'em will be looking at you. And that's where we come to the fight part, and fighting from a distance is a good idea. Anyone can pick up a stick or a rock. Some will have guns. Those that DON'T have guns will WANT them. I had an O1-FFL for about 20 years. Combine that with the fact that I used to shoot EVERY Tuesday with 4 - 6 guys every week at a local range. We ALL reloaded, we ALL cast, and we ALL liked mostly the older type firearms. This was also during the 2nd big surplus importation period. Like M91-30 Mosin Nagants ran from $59 - $79 or so, but there were oodles of Mausers and whatnot available.

Having a close group of like minded guys made putting together "Group Buys" fairly easy to do. This was when there was LOTS of surplus powder distributers around also. In any event, most of this stuff does not evaporate. Primers and powder, if kept in air tight containers and subjected to moderate temperature extremes, will last a LONG time! Don't spend the kids' college money, but if you can get together you may be able to leverage some decent deals when what you're wanting isn't being hunted by every other male in the country.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    . Some will have guns. Those that DON'T have guns will WANT them.
    I've had people want to borrow guns in the past when there was some crime surge in their neighborhood,
    or got invited on a hunting trip.

Nobody was ever happy when I told them I didn't loan out guns like books at the library
    because they were a little short on cash after they'd just spent $9,000 for rims & tires on their new city truck,
    or was saving for a nice vacation.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    If you're relying on e-mail notifications to get primers you're behind the curve. People are programming bots to monitor every website that might have primers in stock. Soon as something is in-stock it gets relayed to another social media app where guys are waiting 24/7 to snatch them up. Once you get a few thousand people trying to buy primers at once it usually crashes the server. Everything is usually sold out in 5 minutes, most times faster than that. Primers are coming in stock every day, most people haven't caught on to whats going on yet.

Boolit Master
    Just for fun look at Baer Auctions. Ammo auction and see today's real prices.

Last place we knew that had any for sale is now sold out. Only thing left are 209's

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like powder valley just took the primers off their site for now haha. Either that or their site is having problems.

Boolit Master
    It seems that we have a lot of trolls on this site. I will no longer be commenting on any threads pertaining to reloading component shortages.

I think Powder Valley needs to change their name to just Valley. Would be more accurate.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    It seems that we have a lot of trolls on this site. I will no longer be commenting on any threads pertaining to reloading component shortages.
    ???? I just see the usual banter.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast