Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Looking for ideas for a 357 mag and 45 LC mold.

Boolit Buddy

Looking for ideas for a 357 mag and 45 LC mold.

So looking for two molds one for a 357/38 the other for a 45LC mostly going to be used for plinking and hog SD rounds.

For the 357/38 this is going to be for my wife's wheel gun she is a new shooter so like something that will work as a training round and hog round I do like the 160 gr but maybe that's to much like to hear your thoughts.

Next is the 45 LC again looking for a good solid hog round experienced shooter but also like to be able to load this round light for plinking. Just looking for the best all round weight for 45 LC.

If these molds can be HP that would also be great as I'd also like to use them for hunting and SD rounds since ammo cost so much these days!

HP gimmick or not have to test for myself and better to have and not need them to need and not have! Thanks!

For the .357 plinking rounds I would get on the backorder list for this Lee 6 cavity mold. I love when I get this thing out to cast some bullets.... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010197875

Arsenal, MP, NOE, Accurate molds are definitely outstanding choices, I have those as well but nothing I have compares to the mold in the link at that price point. It rains excellent bullets.

MP 358-429 is also a great bullet at your weight.... plinking a 142 gr Lee SWC is a bit lighter on the lead.

Here is another mold by MP that is in stock. They are high quality molds and they get to you in about three days from placing your order.... https://www.mp-molds.com/product/359...aluminum-mold/

I agree that the Lee six bangers are the best value moulds. I would suggest the 358-125 round flat nose bullet. Loading it with a light charge of a fast burning powder such as Bullseye or HP-38 makes for a perfect plinking round.

Sam Sackett

Boolit Buddy
    With the 357/38 I'm mostly wanting a round that would be good for hogs. I was just going to load that one lighter for her to use for practice.

Gotcha. You will probably looking for something in the range of 180 to 200 grain SWC for hogs. Paired up with a slower powder such as 2400 or W296/H110.. Using a bullet that heavy, even with lighter charges, will still have fairly stout recoil.. You may want to consider two bullet/powder combinations for the two separate usages.. My thoughts only.

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sackett View Post
    You may want to consider two bullet/powder combinations for the two separate usages.. My thoughts only.
    ^This.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sackett View Post
    ..... You may want to consider two bullet/powder combinations for the two separate usages.. My thoughts only.
    Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    ^This.
    two different bullets with different profiles, ie SWC & RNFP, to make loaded rounds easy to identify.