RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice winter day in the horse stall now casting/reloading room

Boolit Master
    Man knitting- made my wife really laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Mold
    I have an unattached single car garage sized room that has a four inch thick X 36 inch work bench along the long length. The room has been used for haphazard storage for years. I'm in the process of cleaning, straightening and tossing multigenerational stuff in order to have a clear work area for reloading. Casting can occur just outside in nicer weather - currently there is ice and snow on the ground.
    This cleaning and straightening for my reloading room is what led me to this site.

Boolit Master

ww plus lino? wow.. super hard 38's

Boolit Buddy
    As soon as it warms up I need to do a serious clean up job on my reloading room. I need to organize and also get rid of stuff I really do not need to hang on to. I have worked on this project some already. One problem is putting a few days into this without the wife coming up with something else she wants me to do. I need to remove things from shelving and the reloading bench completely, sort and put back. This is better with a 4x8 table to move things to while sorting. So far I have not gotten that far.
    I have some things I need to sell like a couple old Lyman Lube Sizers and Dies, and no telling what else if I get to sorting my 50 years of accumulation.

Bob R

Boolit Master

I recently cleaned mine. Glad I did. Much more productive.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash1b View Post
    I have an unattached single car garage sized room that has a four inch thick X 36 inch work bench along the long length. The room has been used for haphazard storage for years. I'm in the process of cleaning, straightening and tossing multigenerational stuff in order to have a clear work area for reloading. Casting can occur just outside in nicer weather - currently there is ice and snow on the ground.
    This cleaning and straightening for my reloading room is what led me to this site.
    I've got three workbenches in my metal barn and all three are covered with junk. Funny how they get that way.

Boolit Master

I built 2 sets of extra shelves in my reload room..magically it cleaned up 75% of the room.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't find it but somewhere on the net is a picture of John Browning's workbench, every square inch covered with parts and tools.

It's wet outside, think I go clear my bench.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I was just casting up a batch of 44's yesterday. I set up a reloading bench indoors and can reload year round, but I do my casting in the very front of the garage with the roll up door open. The weather was just right; cool but not too cold, and with enough wind to carry off the smoke, but not too windy. For me, Fall, Winter & early Spring are "casting season". I don't cast boolits in Summer because it's just too hot. It's really peaceful spending time casting. It lets me put my mind to rest the same way that fishing does. Casting bullets is never a choir, it's something that I look forward to having the time to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12