Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: MP molds

Boolit Mold

MP molds

I'm looking to order a new MP mold 125 Flat Round Nose, Flat Base, 8 Cavity Aluminum No Lube Groove Mold in .358 for 9mm. Anyone gave this mold, and one big question is, when I go to check out the amount is shown in Euros and I'm paying US with my card.

Boolit Master

I don't have the mold, so I can't help you there. Your charge card company will do the conversion and it will show in dollars on your bill.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    I seem to remember there is a dollar and euros price available on the site if you need to see the $$ amount.

Don't have the mold either.

As stated, your credit card company will automatically convert. If you need to know the conversion beforehand... go to XE dot com
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Mold
    Ordered, thanks for the help guys. With Ebay being the only place to get a 6 cavity lee right now, this 8 cavity MP is actually a lot cheaper. I am assuming better as well.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyregular View Post
    Ordered, thanks for the help guys. With Ebay being the only place to get a 6 cavity lee right now, this 8 cavity MP is actually a lot cheaper. I am assuming better as well.
    MUCH better. You'll need a set of Lee handles for it...unless you ordered handles from MP.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Midway had Lee handles for about $16.99 in the last week or so. No comparison of the two molds.
    Rick

Boolit Mold
    Went on and ordered the handles from MP. About the same as Lee, no need for extra shipping I thought. And to be honest, I didn't know the Lees would work lol.

There is no doubt that the MP mold is superior to the Lee & 8 cav. beats 6. On the handles: the execution of the MP is better, but IMHO the Lee design is better. They open wider & They position the weight of the mold closer to the hand (less weight hanging out there like a divining rod).

Consider this info from an 81 yr. old with weaker hands that you younger fellows.

Boolit Master

MP molds

Quote Originally Posted by oldhenry View Post
    There is no doubt that the MP mold is superior to the Lee & 8 cav. beats 6. On the handles: the execution of the MP is better, but IMHO the Lee design is better. They open wider & They position the weight of the mold closer to the hand (less weight hanging out there like a divining rod).

Consider this info from an 81 yr. old with weaker hands that you younger fellows.
    I like the Lee handles better as well. With the mold closed the Lee handles are closer together, thus being smaller in the hand. The MP handles are too wide and I even have big hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Every time I 've used them, there is an option to use Euros or Dollars. Shows up when you go to shopping.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    I also prefer the Lee handles. I've purchased at least 2 (maybe 3 as they're all in a pile) of the MP handles. They are a better made product that just doesn't feel as good as the less expensive Lee's. I keep meaning to put them on a belt sander and skinny up the wood handles.

I've bought some pretty expensive handles over the years (KAL, Cabine Tree, SAECO, RCBS, and a couple sets of Lyman) and I keep end up using Lee's.

Boolit Mold
    I recently bought this mold, very nice mold. I don't remember the exact cost without looking at my bank statement but it was around 130.00. You'll like it, makes lots of bullets fast

Boolit Buddy
    I got this mold as well, and it's great. I was expecting this to just me a NLG version of the FN that I have in a hollow point mold, but it's not. I think I like this better than the other one. It's a shorter bullet and I think the ogive is a little further towards the base so it feeds better in some of my pistols that have really short ledes. You're going to love it

I'm looking-for, and at, any number of MP Molds ... sheeeeeeeshush molds are out of sight expensive these days on eBay. Everywhere else they are scarce.
    What you think about you do ... what you do, you become.

Boolit Master
    Congrats for a nice mold coming.

I have a similar 8- cav 153 grain BB NLG and I bought my first Dillon because of that mold.

Boolit Buddy

I love MP molds. Those things rain beautiful boolits.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Yep, they are as bad as contender barrels, shut off the light, and they seem to multiply, many times over!