Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22 prices more than doubled again

Boolit Master

22 prices more than doubled again

it was just a week or 2 ago I did a little looking around at 22 ammo and one thing that really stuck out to me was boxes of 500 armscor 22lr ammo was up to $129 and just a few months before places were offering cases of 5000 rounds for the same price $129.
    well today thought I'd take a look around and found some boxes on ammoseek and dontcha no prices has gone up to $299 for a brick or box of 500 rounds.
    $3000 for an investment of $129 than any one of us could have made less than a year ago. forget the stock market of 401k ammo has all of em beat as an investment.

will 22's make it to $1 a round in another week or so?

Boolit Master

I picked up a box of winchester 555 at Walmart last night. 22 bucks.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master
    LGS had Federal 525 packs for $49.99

Boolit Master
    Just bought 2 bricks of federal for $19.99

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Can't find any here.

Boolit Master

I picked up boxes of Win 333's for about $18.00 each, just have to check often and be sharp.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

Right before Hillary lost, I bought a case of CCI Blazer for just under $450
    The price dropped month by month...so I just sat on it...still sitting.
    If I would have been asked yesterday, I'd said I still paid too much
    TODAY, I see this post, I try AmmoSeek and can't find Blazer.
    So, I go to Gunbroker, and I see a auction for one Brick of 500 closed 4 days ago, winner paid $89 plus $19 ship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Was at a Walmart yesterday. They had 2 guns and 2 boxes of shotshells. The Sporting Goods section looked like it had been looted. And this is a rural, small city area.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. $0.60 per round for a 22. I swore after last time to stock up. When they were $0.03.5-$0.04 cents each I bought a few. Been told I should sell mine and take the profit. My response is then what do I do when I want them which is why I got them in the first place? I have also paid a lot more for stuff I thought I needed right then. For the first time I am scared that there may not be a reversal of the markets back to realistic prices. The ability to out right steal an election without repercussions means we may never really see a change in leadership values. I feel sorry for those just entering into our hobby but look at the indifference of the younger generation to giving up freedoms and rights and just don't understand. Not throwing stones as my own kids lean that way. I can understand how folks say they are just to old and tired to keep fighting it when nothing we do seems to matter. Only 60 but my body is busted up or "broken" as I have been told. Guess I am just rambling. Sorry folks. Keep praying it will get better.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    it was just a week or 2 ago I did a little looking around at 22 ammo and one thing that really stuck out to me was boxes of 500 armscor 22lr ammo was up to $129 and just a few months before places were offering cases of 5000 rounds for the same price $129.
    well today thought I'd take a look around and found some boxes on ammoseek and dontcha no prices has gone up to $299 for a brick or box of 500 rounds.
    $3000 for an investment of $129 than any one of us could have made less than a year ago. forget the stock market of 401k ammo has all of em beat as an investment.

will 22's make it to $1 a round in another week or so?
    So that 1400 round bucket of Remington Golden I bought at Walmart a few years ago for $49.99 is worth almost $750? Guess I'll sell some and buy a new truck
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I have soooo much left from 2012-2013 yet I still cannot make myself sell any.

As of 1-17-21 it's around $0.35 not $0.60. I paid $0.08-0.10 and feel like that was too much.

Boolit Master

I saw a box of 800 federals at Bi Mart for $45 a few days ago.
    $.056 a round doesn`t seem too bad to me.
    It isn`t 1965 anymore so I don`t think we will see $6-8 a brick again.

Around here you can’t find ammo at any price. Luckily I really don’t need to find any. Lesson learned a couple Presidents ago.

Lots of places with lower prices that are sold out. I found some .22mag ammo at a dollar per round in stock. Sorry not paying that.

.22lr ammo seems to be headed to join it.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I need to change my insurance rider to cover 22 shells, primers, reloading dies, and boolit molds.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I need to change my insurance rider to cover 22 shells, primers, reloading dies, and boolit molds.
    Eastern Insurance to cover firearms and stuff.

Much less expensive than a rider.
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned
    I reload them for about a penny apiece.

Boolit Master
    I only costs what you're willing to pay. What's the Boy Scout motto....just sayin

Boolit Master

Yeah, I have been on GB looking at the prices of .22 RF and components. Funny how there are plenty of bids on most of the things. Same on Ebay for reloading equipment, again, with plenty of bids. Just shocking to see so many people ready to pay those prices and ready to run up a credit card or have that kind of expendable cash. I don't get excited or disturbed with the prices, free market at play. Gougers? Probably so. What I smell is LGS doing it, as opposed to selling to their local customers. Just a hunch, maybe I'm wrong. Hope so.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Sixty cents a round? I'll gladly sell off most of mine for $100 a brick.
    East Tennessee

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast