MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: Best Scope Mount for Moisin M-44?

Boolit Master

Best Scope Mount for Moisin M-44?

I have a nice little M-44 carbine that I'd like to mount a scope on. I don't want a "Scout" type arrangement, I want the scope mounted over the action. I've searched the web for options but thought I'd get some opinions here before I decide. Any input is appreciated!

OK, I just realized that I'm in the wrong forum. Mods, would you please move this post to Military rifles? Thanks!
    Last edited by centershot; 01-16-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Might want to check out Bad Ace tactical. I know they make a scope mount for the Finn M39 so they may offer one for the M44. I bought one for my Lee Enfield #4MKII And the base is all machined steel. No drill mount and uses the ejector screw hole and where the rear axis pin is located. Frank

Banned

Boolit Master

tommieboy, I'm assuming you mean this one:

https://www.rocksolidind.com/shop/20...nny-rail-copy/

That's the one I was leaning towards before I posted the question, looks pretty rugged.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

samari46, have you used the Bad Ace Tactical no-gunsmithing mount? The video shows the installation process, pretty simple. I had a rail on my Marlin 1894 44 Magnum carbine that installed much the same way, held up well. just wondered if you had actual experience with it?

unknown

Boolit Master
    Have a Long Branch Parker Hale sporter No.4MKI* that I bought the mount for. One screw replaces the ejector screw, one replaces the rear sight axis pin and the 3rd has a small steel block that fits in the receiver bridge and is locked in place with the 3rd screw. Mount itself is machined steel and the picatinny rail is anodized aluminum. I know they make a no gunsmithing mount for the Finn M39. They were back logged with orders for a couple months. Frank

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Have a Long Branch Parker Hale sporter No.4MKI* that I bought the mount for. One screw replaces the ejector screw, one replaces the rear sight axis pin and the 3rd has a small steel block that fits in the receiver bridge and is locked in place with the 3rd screw. Mount itself is machined steel and the picatinny rail is anodized aluminum. I know they make a no gunsmithing mount for the Finn M39. They were back logged with orders for a couple months. Frank
    OK, Thanks!

unknown

Boolit Master
    Just checked the Bad Ace Tactical website and they do offer a no drill scope mount for the Russian M44. Replaces the rear sight. Frank

Boolit Master

i had a rock solid on a 91/30.

NO complaints whatsoever.

i had a gunsmith drill/tap/install though.
    it is not in my list of skills.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    That Rock Solid site is worth the visit just to find the zipper strips and trigger shoe .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter