Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: 40s&w with hs6 180 gr

Boolit Master

40s&w with hs6 180 gr

Went out today to try out my loads in 40 S&w. I used Hodgen hs6 with a xtream plated 165 gr plated fn.I also loaded 165 gr hollow point plated. This load has always shot extremely good out of my high point pistole and my carbine. I also loaded some commercial hard cast tc with blue dot powder. The hs6 loads always shot better the hotter I loaded them. This time I used 8.0 gr of hs6 max load to try. 12 yards shooting off a rest. I got a nice ragged one hole group out of this load. The 8 gr of blue dot did good but not as good as the hs6. I really didint shoot much it’s just to cold. Also my carbine the battery was dead so I didint get to try it out with the blue dot loads. The carbine was what I really wanted to use the blue dot for. The blue dot loads seemed mild compared to the hs6 loads. They seemed more of a push than a kick. Hands got way to cold to shoot vary many. The hs6 load always shot great for me.

Banned
    I had my best luck with 231/hp-38 under a lee 175-TC yesterday out of an S&W C540

Boolit Master
    I need to try a light load of bulseye next for a light target load.Iam guessing 3.7 to 4.3 should be good place to start

Boolit Master
    I might have to try the 231 next

Yep HS 6 likes high pressures it and AA5 were my go to powders in Plus P 45 acp loads with the old speer 200 gr HP in my Ruger P90
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!