Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot in cherry valley today

Boolit Master

Hot in cherry valley today

It is 80% in the shade on my patio today. Supposed to hit 86% or more out in in the sun. I feel sorry for you folks in the Midwest. I see on TV you are being hit with a blizzard.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Mold
    33 in New Hampshire, had to wear my hoodie

Boolit Master
    High 20’s low 30’s here in se mo. Almost to cold to shoot. I at least shot 4 mags today of 40 S&w

Just a test to see if the ALT+0176 makes the degree symbol on this forum.

It is 47° here today. I guess it works!
    100,000 BC: stone tools. 4,000 BC: the wheel. 900 AD: gunpowder — bit of a game changer, that one

Peter Weyland, 2023

Nothing to worry about, because for once, I have the proper tool at hand. Looking for a little heat?.......Any questions?

Burt Gummer, Tremors 3

Boolit Master
    Hit 70 here this afternoon. In shorts and t-shirt. Washed the truck and RV.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in Missouri and I feel sorry for you folks in CA no matter what the weather there or here.

Banned

I LIKE IT! I
    'm waiting impatiently on the snow, we need to get some. You can have that 86° stuff, I'll take cold and if I must cool weather.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    It is 80% in the shade on my patio today. Supposed to hit 86% or more out in in the sun. I feel sorry for you folks in the Midwest. I see on TV you are being hit with a blizzard.
    Nothing really here. I've heard most snow went south. It is very warm here, mostly rain. There is some snow here and there, but it has been constant rain for 2 days now, which is unheard of. There has not been any blazing hot days, but for the past three weeks it has been consistently way warmer than normal.

Boolit Master
    I went to the range today, had to be 80F. It's 85F here, HOT for Winter. Lots of new shooters but no one careless.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Wow.....-11° this morning. It's up to.29° right now!!! But at least the wind stopped!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It's wintertime.......supposed to be cold.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Wait until Summer and it will be 153 degrees in Cali. I'm worried that come June I'll step outside and there will be a cactus and a cow skull where my lawn used to be!

Below freezing, slick roads and winds here in North Dakota today. Headed into the sub zero weather in a few days.

Good time to sit back, hibernate, maybe cast a few boolits down in the basement man cave.
    Or maybe just sit here and read about it. Either works.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    got some snow last night, might get all the way up to 45 this afternoon.
    just about right

Boolit Master

Are you trying to make me feel bad? I walked to the end of the (bare) driveway this morning to take the trash out and again to bring the can back in my long sleeved shirt. I thought at the time that this was very mild for mid Jan. in the Finger lakes of NY.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    I'm in Missouri and I feel sorry for you folks in CA no matter what the weather there or here.
    I concur! Living in Nebraska is better, even a blizzard!

Boolit Master
    well weather man wassail wrong again, guess I can forget about 45 this afternoon
    can't barely see through all the white stuff falling out of the sky.

Boolit Master
    Here in the Sonoran desert, high thin clouds keep the sun dim, 40's mornings 60's afternoon. Heat pump just cost $140 power bill, July is only $80. Frost two weeks ago killed off the garden so I am putting in "valuable fertilizer" replanting peas and beans and melons. SWMBO has container spinach indoors, soon to go out. This is a nice place to visit, but most people don't acclimate to 110+ in the shade. I like it, my hands don't ache and I can feel my feet again. Sometimes a North wind off the Rockies will feel like winter for a day.

Boolit Master
    A one down side to AZ is traffic. AZ drivers have a deathwish. They all drive new trucks because they mashed the old one. Tucson driving is pleasant compared to Phoenix. I tried to retire young to Scottsdale and was gridlock traffic convinced me to move to Alaska twenty years ago. Nowadays Phoenix is nutz.

Fairbanks, we drive in the foggy dark on ice, eight months of the year. Salt doesn't work in the cold dark. I ran Blizzaks on a Tacoma, and it stuck to ice just fine. Ice storm days I ran chains. Two ton Fords on all season radials are fun to watch. When the light turns green, you wait. They aren't done yet. Everybody has to slide to a stop. When the intersection is clear, then we go. Normal Fairbanks crash is to get T-Boned by a sliding F-350.
    Tucson is the same problem but no ice. They just don't want to stop.
    Don't get me started writing about blind geezers on golf carts...
    "Every form of refuge has its price"

Boolit Master
    I think I would rather live anywhere no matter what the weather than here in California I can’t wait to leave which I will be doing in a couple of weeks. This State holds nothing but anguish for me it is not the Golden State anymore it’s the homeless state and the communist state I feel sorry for anybody that have to live here. Gopher slayer good luck to you we used to shoot together in the Buffalo match in San Bernardino.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast