Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate molds updated their catalog!

Accurate molds updated their catalog!

So, I actually have the pages pretty much memorized. Just in time for them to put the caliber range on the link for the page...
    WWG1WGA

Hahah I know right?
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Makes it so much easier to use now, like you said one or several less things to have to remember.

Boolit Master
    Better late than never.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    They make great molds I have quite a few and I love looking through the calendar for more or having one made up to my specs.

Boolit Buddy
    I noticed that yesterday, much better now.

Before it was sort of an adventure. I sometimes wondered who would want a mould like that as I sometimes tried 5 or 6 pages before I got to what I wanted.
    M. Stenback

Boolit Master
    Aw, and just when I was getting good at picking a number that took me to the right caliber.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Ha! I might not look at the catalog for 6 months or so and page 9 would be 32's and not 357's anymore. Takes the fun out of it and may cause less sales. Be honest, tell me you haven't looked at a page you didn't intend and see something that you wouldn't have normally have been interested in!

Now if he would only make molds out of brass, iron, or aluminum we'd all be in trouble....

My last one from Tom took a blistering 10 days from order to delivery (says 4 weeks I think). I don't have a mold from him that doesn't cast wonderfully. My favorite molds are MP brass molds until I put a set of Accurate Molds on the handles.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DHDeal View Post
    My favorite molds are MP brass molds until I put a set of Accurate Molds on the handles.
    Exactly!

Don
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Very nice upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Exactly!

Don
    +1 After a couple of emails between us, Tom came up with a mold for my 45 Colt that works in a 45 acp AND a 450 Bushmaster. I like the new catalogue too but this creation is what I have been needing for quite a while.Attachment 275507Attachment 275508
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    murf205 that bullet looks like it would hit hard .
    What is the weight in hp and solid ?
    And when cast soft enough for 45 acp does it feed without damage to the HP ?

Boolit Master
    Not my mold, but that's the shine off of that huge meplat. That thing is almost a wadcutter.

Boolit Master
    murf205,

Please tell me that your .45 ACP is a revolver and not a 1911.

Don
    NRA Life Member

Latest mold is the 40-180BG without the lube grove - it is a 5 cavity aluminum mold. It makes short work of a pot of lead.
    Last edited by 44Blam; 01-16-2021 at 09:55 PM.
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    murf205 that bullet looks like it would hit hard .
    What is the weight in hp and solid ?
    And when cast soft enough for 45 acp does it feed without damage to the HP ?
    DHDeal is right. It is not a HP, it just has a fat meplat. With a front end like that, I didn't think it needed to be a HP, and besides, Tom does'nt make HP molds. As far as feeding, I have used it in a Hi Point 45 acp carbine and it feeds like a hungry calf. I have a 1911 and will get around to trying it but the 450 Bushmaster is the next victim and it is a
    Ruger American. I told Tom that I wanted it to weigh between 250 and 255 grs with the mix I use which is 98% range scrap and 2% tin. It drops from the mold at exactly 253 grs and at .454. It sizes to .451 easily for my 25-5 S&W. It is a 45-253M in the catalogue. One reason that it feeds so well in the semi auto Hi Point is probably because I powder coat and the surface is as slick as a mirror, which aides in feeding, in my experience.
    Don, I wish it was a revolver, but like the genius I am, I sold my 1917 Colt. I will never take any more guns with me to a gun show!
    Last edited by murf205; 01-16-2021 at 11:45 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

As a side note, I run a 290 gr boolit from a NOE mold with the same mix and powder coat to just over 2k fps from a 15" T/C Encore 460S&W with no leading at all. THAT'S...what I like about pc'ing. Of course boolit fit is king among all the variables.
    Last edited by murf205; 01-17-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Boolit Master
    I don't know what the feed ramp looks like on the carbine you're using that bullet on, but the radius of the nose seems to help. Of course there's not a lot of radius on that bullet.

A quick glance at the picture of murf's bullets did appear to be a hollowpoint. It was an Accurate Mold so the hollowpoint was not to be.

It probably isn't a good thing for my wallet that I know which custom mold makers make which options. I've asked myself quietly in a dark room just how many bullets styles/weights do I really need and do I really need another mold. I never intend to cast for semiauto's and plan to keep that promise except my shooting partner bought a RBH 45 Convertible and wants to use his 45 ACP cylinder and he doesn't cast as he has me for that (his words). I didn't buy the mold for me and don't plan on shooting any of the bullets I didn't give him. I just loaded a few up in 45 ACP cases to see if they would feed in my 1911 and they did but I don't plan on shooting them as I never intend to cast for semiauto's. I need to have another quiet conversation with myself in a dark room because one of us is lying. It's an Accurate Mold btw.
    Last edited by DHDeal; 01-17-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DHDeal View Post
    I don't know what the feed ramp looks like on the carbine you're using that bullet on, but the radius of the nose seems to help. Of course there's not a lot of radius on that bullet.

A quick glance at the picture of murf's bullets did appear to be a hollowpoint. It was an Accurate Mold so the hollowpoint was not to be.

It probably isn't a good thing for my wallet that I know which custom mold makers make which options. I've asked myself quietly in a dark room just how many bullets styles/weights do I really need and do I really need another mold. I never intend to cast for semiauto's and plan to keep that promise except my shooting partner bought a RBH 45 Convertible and wants to use his 45 ACP cylinder and he doesn't cast as he has me for that (his words). I didn't buy the mold for me and don't plan on shooting any of the bullets I didn't give him. I just loaded a few up in 45 ACP cases to see if they would feed in my 1911 and they did but I don't plan on shooting them as I never intend to cast for semiauto's. I need to have another quiet conversation with myself in a dark room because one of us is lying. It's an Accurate Mold btw.
    Is the mold you bought the 45-253M? There was a time when I didn't plan on casting for semi auto's either but that was before the Obama component shortage, which was mild compared to the one we are enjoying currently.Attachment 275530 This is a Lee 170 gr truncated cone I cast for my son's 10mm Colt and it feeds and shoots it better than any factory we've tried. As far as the question about how many molds you need, Tom's catalogue is the ultimate enabler. Looking at that darned thing is like a 16 yr old looking at Playboy Magazine!
    Last edited by murf205; 01-17-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast