Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full auto .22

I had the pleasure of firing one magazine each from a suppressed full auto Mac10 .45 and an M2 .30 Carbine one day; the .45 was controlled easier than the lightweight carbine- but what fun it was!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Many years ago; we had a few similar to the picture (had quite a few more magazines in the case) and carried them on "Security Details" from time to time. If I were to part with the $$$ for a fun auto; I would have to return to one of my Sweethearts of my youth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	operationalbriefcase.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	275514
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Stephan talk to the Queen. I believe Canada allows its more remote citizens to have Bren guns. At least Bruce B had one before he moved back to the states. My full auto desire is a Thompson with drum magazines. Not worrying about feeding it, I can't afford to buy it at current prices. Do you think Joe Biden will let us make them again.
    I will have to check if the Canadians can have Brens. Some years back I was given two Thompsons by an old guy who was going into a home, one a drum and the other a stick mag and I gave both to a collector as I did not have the licence needed. I doubt Joe will allow you to keep anything if he gets his way.Regards Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen Cohen; 01-16-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    There used to be a cheap 22 rifle on the market called IIRC,a Gevarm A6 or A7 ......fired from an open bolt with a ridge across the boltface........just about every one would full auto after about 5000 rounds had been put thru..........these guns also had the charming feature of NO extractor.....and were responsible for dozens of accidental shootings and deaths.
    It was the Gevarm E1 I believe your referring not the A7 or A6. I had an A7 in the 70s and it was a great rifle, I never herd of the E1 going auto without some modification but I did consider it an accident waiting to happen. Regards Stephen

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Stephan talk to the Queen. I believe Canada allows its more remote citizens to have Bren guns. At least Bruce B had one before he moved back to the states. My full auto desire is a Thompson with drum magazines. Not worrying about feeding it, I can't afford to buy it at current prices. Do you think Joe Biden will let us make them again.
    Back when I was with the local SO, we had 2 Thompson's. I was not impressed with them, fired them many times. They had some history to them. My hometown is where the "One riot, 1 Ranger," was first used. Later on, 1 was traded for 2 Mac 10s and a Mac 9 for the SWAT team. Deal done with a local dentist, the SO and an LGS going out of business. Later we were gifted with a Mac 11 by a family whose son died and they were left with an item they didn't want. I had to do all the paperwork on that--what a PITA! There's a lot more to the story, but I'll leave it there.
    Last edited by gbrown; 01-17-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Since May 1986, no new machine guns for civilians. A Mac M11/9 was $199 then, now $7500-8000. A $500 Colt M16 A1 then, now $25,000. I bout my first in 1999, a Reising 45. $1400 then, $7500 today. I am a range officer at the Knob Creek sub gun matches. Lots of fun.

Laws made machine guns now only available to the owners who can afford them. Of course, the same swipe of a pen could allow them again but.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12