Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk 13.25" Barrel

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedP_20210127_110533_vHDR_On_LIa2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	276196
    Here it is with the 5.5" barrel I made from shortening a barrel off ebay, It will stay this way till I can get some time at the range. I will just sight in with the open sights and use.
    I really like the feel of it with this Barrel but will set it up with scope on the 13.25" for deer season.

Boolit Buddy
    Any way you do it it looks pretty good Bowfishn

I like em short but have had a long SBH

Now would you be able to mount the scope righ the the barrel and turn the barrel on and off while the scope is on and maintain a good zero?
    My feed back

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-Small-anvils

I also leave feed back

Boolit Man
    No, I still have to put the barrel in a barrel vice although I can use the 1 1/2 x 2 oak board through the frame to turn it loose. Also I am not using the scope with the shorter barrel, the short one is for easy carry. I would also doubt the slight difference would allow for the same point of impact with the scope. I will find out how it works removing scope and reinstalling it when spring comes and I check out how accuracy is at the Range. If the 13.25" is like the 9.5" it should smash clay pigeons at 200 yards about every time off a rest.

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_171244.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	291585
    Ok I had the 5.5" barrel on it all summer, I really liked being able to carry it on my hip in the woods. It was a fun shooter. I was going to just leave the 5.5" on it but my Grandson bought a S&W 500 Performance Center 7.5" and we got some loads set up for it 440 gr Matts RF-GC bullets big charge of H110 LR Primers and Starline brass. About 1500 fps. and yeah it does hammer compared to the 44 mag. It shot 1.75" CTC 6 shoot groups at 25 yards with a Burris Fastfire 3 on it. My grandsons groups were double at 3.5"
    It did however inspire me to put the 13.25" barrel back on my SRH and set it up with my scope I used on the 9.5" factory barrel. Using my Cast 295 GCHP bullets doing 1594 fps it grouped 6 in a .625 CTC or a 1" ragged hole @ 25 yards. Did not print it on paper @ 100 but did have fun spinning a 6" gong with a cylinder full at 105 yards. So it is good to go at 100 for Deer hunting.
    I did weigh it with the scope and rings on it it was 5.2 lbs. so with my load it produces 20.5 ft lbs of recoil at a gun velocity of 16 fps. Comparing it to my grandsons S&W 500 set up with the 440 bullets at 46 ft lbs and 25.6 fps gun velocity, it is like shooting a 22 rimfire.
    For carrying it I altered my Mikes 13 sidekick Bandoleer by adding an extra snap 1.5" higher and raising the velcro side about the same.
    I will probably look for another used SRH and set it up with the short barrel so I don't have to switch it out come hunting season.

Boolit Master
    I missed this before. I had a SRH in 44 Mag with a 9.5” barrel. It really shined when I installed a One Ragged Hole (peep sight) and a Ruger front gold bead sight.

I bought it for a barrel chop plan but traded it for a SRH in .480 Ruger with a 7.5” barrel. In the meantime I fell in love with the longer sight radius.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Nice work!
    I have a gun that has been fitted with 3 barrels for expirementation.