Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Jan. 14

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Jan. 14

Good morning all. The last paragraph of this morning's devotion is speaking directly to me. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    A Dangerous Denial

“Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires.”
    —2 Peter 3:3

I think it’s a very dangerous thing when you arrive at a theology that tells you Jesus Christ isn’t coming back.

There are different views on this topic, but if your so-called theology says to you that Christ is not returning at any moment, then something is wrong with your theology.

Jesus warned, “But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him” (Luke 12:45–46 NKJV).

In contrast to the believer who is watching and working, Jesus was describing an unprepared servant. To me this is probably a description of someone who thinks he or she is a believer but isn’t. Jesus also could be referring to a disobedient believer. Either way, this is someone who isn’t right with God.

Not only should we be anxiously waiting for the Lord’s return, but we also should be working. Jesus said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes” (Luke 12:42–43 NKJV).

The word Jesus used for blessed also could be translated as happy. In other words, if you live this way, if you live in constant anticipation of the imminent return of Christ, then you will be a happy person.

It’s not a miserable, repressive, or confining way to live as we look for Christ’s return. Really, it’s happy, it’s joyful, and it’s purposeful. It’s the way to live.

Watching for the Lord’s return will help us prepare our own lives, but working will assure that we bring others with us.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, a good reminder to watch, but don't just wait around!

Boolit Master

Amen and we look for our Lord to return any moment!

USMC 77, USRA 79

i like this!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

We SERVE. We who follow the Lord serve. He is gone, we should be doing our best every day to prepare for his return.

If he walks in the door suddenly all would be prepared.

When we think "He won't be back this week, we can do as we will" That is when he will return and catch you.
    Woe onto you who think this way.

The Master see's all, knows all. Knows when we have been giving our best, and knows when we have been sloughing off.
    Granted we are all sinners, and each of us stumbles, fails and falls regularly. But you get up in the morning with a renewed spirit and try to do better. Learn from your mistakes. Don't make them again. Work as though you were under the Masters eye. You will be happier.

Don't fall into that trap, stay strong, keep working, serving HIM in all things.
    If you do this it will not matter when he returns.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    ........................'He will come as a thief in the night '

We are told and expected to be prepared . Our Lord does not lie , he is perfect . He is truthful and constant . We are to be ready to receive him . It's just the plain truth . Praise him .
    No turning back , No turning back !