Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Surf's Up

Boolit Master

Surf's Up

Must be some storms out there but it's Sunny here, except for all the sea spray along the coast. My morning commute LOL.

The picture on the right is Pt Sur, you can see the lighthouse and get an idea of wave size. I was on my way to work and just grabbed a couple shots, didn't have time to wait for a really big wave. That's almost a quarter mile of white water though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surf01.jpg   Surf02.jpg  
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 01-14-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Is that US1? I drove that highway many years ago. It is beuatiful.

BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BNE View Post

BNE
    Usually you can see part of Hwy 1 from here but it's under the mist. The rock on the left marks the north end of Little Sur River. The rock on the right is Point Sur Lighthouse.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Surfed the lower part of US1 when stationed in Long Beach and San Diego back in the 70's. Did the upper portion while at Mare Island. While attending school at Great Lakes there was a fellow sailor from PB that couldn't march in the ice and snow like me. We got to be good friends. When we got stationed together for more school in CA we'd do some wave riding. Woke one morning to the truck shaking while waiting for sun up at Moss Landing. I think that was the name. Looked like your pic but close up. What a day

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Beautiful photo!

Boolit Grand Master

Awesome Pictures! Thanks for sharing them. You live in a truly beautiful place.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The storm hit NW Montana hard. 30,000 out of power yesterday. One friend who had been hit by a windstorm late last year got it again, lost two sheds, tree down on his pickup, bending it in half, two other vehicles damaged, tree through the house roof and another corner of his house damaged. Lots of places were damaged. I have a few trees down.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    The storms forming in the N. Pacific just south of the Aleutians this winter have been unusually large. Most of them have been producing swells over 60 feet. By the time they have hit the PacNW coast, the swells have still been over 30 feet high. Looks like they made it to Big Sur, too. Luckily most of the storms dissipated in the Gulf of Alaska so far. There is another one out there today halfway between Hawaii and the Aleutians. Those waves should California on Monday or Tuesday. Surfers take note.

Boolit Master
    The huge storm dissipated like all the others as soon as it went into the Gulf of Alaska. The swells are now about 25 feet and flattening out quickly as they approach our coast.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Many, many years ago I snapped an early morning picture of the Point Sur light house from Hwy 1. When I got the film developed (younger members will need to Google that) I discovered that I caught the light just as it rotated toward the camera. With the dark, early morning mist and the waves it was a stunning photo, so I went back to the photo shop to have an 8 x 10 enlarged from the negative. When I called several days later, I was told they had lost the negatives.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BNE View Post

BNE
    How many US1s are there? US1 runs from Fort Kent Maine to Key West Florida.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    Many, many years ago I snapped an early morning picture of the Point Sur light house from Hwy 1. When I got the film developed (younger members will need to Google that) I discovered that I caught the light just as it rotated toward the camera. With the dark, early morning mist and the waves it was a stunning photo, so I went back to the photo shop to have an 8 x 10 enlarged from the negative. When I called several days later, I was told they had lost the negatives.....
    I think they thought it was an exceptional photo and stole the negatives.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineboy View Post
    How many US1s are there? US1 runs from Fort Kent Maine to Key West Florida.
    Your right. Being from the right coast, I called it US 1. It's actually CA Hwy 1 or the Pacific Coast Highway. There's always someone here to remind you of your errors. Thank You!