Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .358 boolits in a 9mm

Boolit Master

One thing about 9mm chambers is that very few of them have any leade at all. That's why DougGuy is getting rich. Throating all those barrels to where they should have been in the first place.

I've had him do a couple of 9mm barrels for me. It makes a HUGE difference. I can now seat the NOE ELCO bullet out to almost magazine length.
    NRA Benefactor.

Sizing 9mm Luger

Putting the Lyman 450 to work today. Using a .357" die.

Boolit Master

I have .356, .357, .358, .359, and .360 dies . theoretically I should be all set.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Firing them down the bore will not be an issue, but you might have trouble chambering the rounds. I never liked going larger than .357" for this reason.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Someone mentioned that they thought the 9mm case was larger at the mouth than at the base...

Actually the 9mm round is larger near the base than at the case mouth, as fired; See The SAAMI Spec for 9mm on page 36, tho the PDF file is numbered page 27 there on the (virtual) page. Diameter of 0.3910" at 0.2" ahead of the breech end, versus 0.3811" at the case mouth.

If it was tapered the other way, blowback extraction would be quite a feat as you'd have to swage the unlubed, just-fired case into a straight walled case during extraction; Seems unlikely to work and it'd seriously annoy the extractor!

No problem but it's best to get facts right IMO

Boolit Buddy
    Well I think I snagged the last set of 9mm dies available from an online vendor for a normal price. Powder Valley had one set left. 9mm die sets are going for ridiculous money on ebay and I'd make a set on the lathe before I paid $100+ for a set of Lee dies. Should be able to start giving it a whirl late next week unless they ship USPS and then it may be March.
    The Lee 358 105 SWC drops at 358/3585 which isn't too bad and I'll start with them.

Boolit Master

I size all my 9mm bullets @ 0.358" and shoot them through various 9mm's with no issues including revolvers and PCC's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12