RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: 7.65 French Longue on a progressive?

7.65 French Longue on a progressive?

So a couple friends and me got together and bought a large pile of Starline brass for the caliber. We do have a bunch of "kids" to feed, including MAS-38's. Hungry kids as you can see.

We're planning to load a larger amount on a progressive press. Now since there are no dedicated shellholders for the caliber, would any of you know what caliber shellholder we could use on a progressive that'll work reliably? .32 ACP won't work, I heard that maybe .22 Hornet shellholders would. Before we commit to buying an custom shellholder for the presses, does any of you reload this on a progressive and if so, what shellholder are you using?

Many thanks!
    E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

I sold my dies and shell holder. I never had any factory brass. I’m thinking I used shell holder for 30 carbine, but that wasn’t for the factory brass. I think I sold everything including bullet mold on forum couple years back. Sold gun at least 5 yrs ago. I really liked the pistol, like a mini Sig 210 but PIA of making and losing brass / pistol wasn’t accurate caused me to abandon project.Attachment 275264

Boolit Master
    The 7.65 French Long according to Lee material uses the #20 shell holder the same as a 22 hornet .
    This could be used on a single stage or turret press but you would have to see if the manufacturer of your progressive ( we don't know what press you have ) makes a shell plate for Hornet and ask if it will work for the 765 French Long.

It's a ProChucker 5.. I reached out to RCBS to see what they have. Thanks guys.

Banned
    If all else fails, you could try obtaining a shell plate for a slightly smaller size and opening up the slots for the rims to take the 7.65 long rim.

It might take a mill and a custom made cutter, but I think it would be possible.

Boolit Mold
    Ian, is that you?

Nope, I'm not Ian. He's got factory ammo, whereas I don't If it helps anyone, a shellplate for 5.7x28mm (yeah the cheap stuff from FN) opened up would be the thing. That would also solve the issue with priming these tiny buggers... in the meantime I've been priming on a Forster Co-Ax (which also solves the shellholder issue with the appropriate plates in place). RCBS won't make a custom one for the progressive.
    But with the current situation I kinda don't want to alter my 5.7 shellplate, that I need for 5.7.. took me long enough to get me one. So much stuff on the backburner..

Boolit Grand Master
    I have never loaded factory brass, but my Buddy Rick and I converted about two hundred 30 carbine cases 30+years ago and we used the 32 S&W Long shell holder. Now, that was in a single stage RCBS Press, so I don't know if that same size shell holder would work for you or not, but you can put it in the back burner for now and give it a try when and if you find an appropriate shellholder for cheepsies.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.