The first question I have is what happened to the once great US companies? Colt being one of them, Remington another who recently went up for sale. The common excuse I hear whenever these events happen is the management, bean counters, top heavy, etc. I have seen many companies go away over the years and that is never the underlying issue. Costs usual spiral out of control usually due to unions who think the company can keep raising prices to bring in more revenues. The companies often feel the pressure to find ways to produce items less expensively (i.e cheaper) and quality suffers and the next thing you know, no new products are coming on board and the ones that are in the pipe line are not of the highest quality. A recipe for disaster.

CZ is a great company having come from a military supplier to a worldwide respected firearms dealer. I am now down to three 9mm's and they are all CZ's. If that same quality is carried over to Colt, the name should continue on, even though the owners are not domiciled in this country.