Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Czech firearms company in negotiations to buy Colt, an American legend and Conn

Czech firearms company in negotiations to buy Colt, an American legend and Conn

If this dose not belong here please move it thank you

https://tribunecontentagency.com/tns...2C%20it%20said.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    In some sense I think that will be a good thing. CZ understands how to build a quality product and also the firearms industry. Sad to see an American icon owned by foreign interests but it won't be the first time we've watched this happen. Hopefully this means Colt will return to some semblance of profitability, which means Colt will continue to exist.

Banned
    This might be a good thing as it gets them out of Connecticut (hoping any way) and maybe out of the Union control.
    Colt can be a great company again, if they can move to a location or State with better operating conditions.

Banned
    The Czechs have a long and well deserved reputation of making excellent firearms. In fact, they are pretty good at a lot of mechanical engineering and manufacturing.

The problems would be Colt's location in a labor union state and Colt's crushing debt.

They may just want the plant to use it as a final assembly point to circumvent tariffs. If you manufacture a certain amount of the gun in the U.S.A., it is no longer an import. Or they may want the Colt name but not the current Colt products. Too early to say.

Boolit Master

Dan Wesson 1911 pistols are made in the US and not from imported parts. I would expect the same for Colt.

I would guess they are moving out of CT and to a more friendly state, both gun wise and tax wise.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Didn't CZ buy some land and begin building a manufacturing facility in the US a year or so ago? Might be Arkansas.
    Chuck

CZ does make quality firearms and was smart enough to move out of Norwich, NY. Sad to see such American icons as Colt and Winchester to be foreign owned, but it is probably better than what happened to Marlin, NEF/H&R and Remington. After all, the Miroku Winchester’s are pretty well made guns( especially compared to Remlins).

Boolit Master

Tell them to buy and move to central Texas, Giddings, Fayetteville, Fayette County area. Heart of the Czech country of Texas. Gun friendly, business friendly State. LOL.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

CZ has two American plants, one in ST Louis rimfire rifles mostly with Dan Wesson, the other the Alabama plant not sure what they are or are going to make. The deal with Dan Wesson has been a good one, my DW CCO is heads above a comparable Colt and much better quality control from the old days.CZ has allowed DW to design their own guns CZ provides DW employees to be managed by CZ,solid management has meant good things for DW. I have confidence a gun company can run a gun company better than an Investment Group, SEE: Remington and Marlin.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    This might be a good thing as it gets them out of Connecticut (hoping any way) and maybe out of the Union control.
    Colt can be a great company again, if they can move to a location or State with better operating conditions.
    Agree totally! Until Colt gets rid of that Union they will always be overpriced for what you get.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
    Didn't CZ buy some land and begin building a manufacturing facility in the US a year or so ago? Might be Arkansas.
    CZ is suppose to be building a plant in Little Rock, Arkansas. Hopefully they will move the Colt production here too! Thats about 30 miles from me.

Sig is suppose to be building a plant there also.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    CZ is suppose to be building a plant in Little Rock, Arkansas. Hopefully they will move the Colt production here too! Thats about 30 miles from me.

Sig is suppose to be building a plant there also.
    I think the Walther’s are already made there as well.

Boolit Master
    Remington 541S and T model .22s are now selling online for around $700-800. Every time I shoot my CZ452 I wonder why Remington or Winchester couldn't have built a comparable rifle that sold for a reasonable price. CZ has apparently sold many thousands of quality .22 rifles, so it's not a niche or boutique market.

Boolit Grand Master
    HEY!!!! My Harley is doing just fine!!!! 12 years old and runs just fine. Set of tires and now a new drive belt are the only things its needed!!

I think a CZ Colt would be a fine weapon as long as they move out of the Northeast

Boolit Master
    Love to see CZ buy Colt and build a plant in MT but I don't see a move to MT happening. What ever it takes to keep companies from going overseas and keep our people working.

However,you can have your Harleys. I'm just getting my 1993 BMW broke in at 93,000 miles. I put a clutch cable on it last year but it should be good for another 200,000 before major work.

Keep the discussion on topic not motorcycles please.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    there is a lot of truth in that
    it might even be a better time since the strongest anti second amendment candidate just got elected
    and if it weren't bad enough to have him his vice is worse
    hold on to you hats
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

Not sure how this ended up with motorcycles but since Colt is a defense contractor wouldn't the Government have to ok the deal?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Not sure how this ended up with motorcycles but since Colt is a defense contractor wouldn't the Government have to ok the deal?
    My understanding is that Colt Defense LLC is a totally separate corporate entity from their sporting arms manufacturing. This is far from a done deal, anyway.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    I'm guessing they know something we don't.
    I know I'm well aware with the new leftist control of govt our 2nd amendment rights are in jeopardy. but here's a gun company planning on putting money down to buy a handgun company are worldwide sales bigger somewhere other than in us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast