Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Glove Recommendations

Boolit Mold

Revolver Glove Recommendations

I am looking for a good range shooting glove that can stand up to heavy use but is still dexterous and can handle the wear and tear on continued use. Anyone have a recommendation?

Banner Sponsor

I used to use Mountain Bike leather gloves with the padded palm when shooting over the top loads.
    Don't remember the brand, but they worked.

Boolit Buddy
    I mentioned them in a thread for lever guns but they work just as well for handguns, Mechanix Impact works pretty good.

Boolit Master
    Baseball batting gloves from walmart or golfing gloves from lots of places. The mountian bike gloves have too much padding for me but that might be good for you. I don't know what you are shooting and If they have fingertips I cut them off. The batting gloves are so inexpensive I have many pair and don't worry about them wearing out.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

I have "Past" Gloves for both right and left hands.
    Believe they are discontinued.
    Maybe someone has old stock.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

The Caldwell shooting gloves are awesome. Padded palms for comfort with stretchy fabric in the right areas and thin fingertip areas for trigger control or access to your cell phone.
    Last edited by kingstrider; 01-03-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master

I have two revolvers that will, without protection, give me something that looks like a water blister on the web of my hand between thumb and index finger. Takes the skin off and hurts for a week. If you have something similar going on, put a bandaid on before you shoot. By covering the spots that hurt the most with tape, you can use the thinnest gloves you like.

For max protection it's hard to beat the mountain bike gloves with gel inserts, although they mess with the purchase on the controls.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Banned

tried a few of the padded gloves but they were to thick and made it hard to hang on to something like a linebaugh at full power. Best compromise for me was a thin leather pair of work gloves with the trigger finger cut off. Much cheaper too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    I used to use Mountain Bike leather gloves with the padded palm when shooting over the top loads.
    Don't remember the brand, but they worked.
    I also use Mountain Bike gloves, most bike shops have a good range to choose from

Boolit Master
    I have used many different gloves but an old pair of football goalkeeper's gloves keeps hanging around.

Good leather,durable,comfortable and the material itself is very non-slip for a good grip.

Banned
    For the Americans, football means soccer in Finland.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    For the Americans, football means soccer in Finland.
    Oh yes,sorry my bad.

I lived in NYC for a couple of years but that was 30 years ago.

Boolit Master
    Mountain bike gloves whenever I feel the need. Back in my misspent youth I shot enough to get a decent callous between the thumb and forefinger but not that tough anymore

Boolit Grand Master

Baseball gloves work for me. I tried padded palm gloves and didn't care for them. Mechanix gloves work pretty good too.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

I have a pair of these. It helps when I'm shooting my John Ross 500 Magnum with full tilt loads.
    http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html

Boolit Master

I'm still using my PAST gloves but only when I shoot heavy recoiling single actions and I don't do that much any more. A while back I bought a pair of these from Duluth Trading(They send me an email with specials every so often): https://tinyurl.com/y5k5ka8w

I don't know how well they work but got them as backup to the PAST gloves. Not sure my memory is working but I think I paid much less than the link indicates.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    PAST shooting gloves have worked for me down thru the years. Now that I'm pushin' 80, I find myself shootin' more 1000 fps area loads that don't require gloves, at least not for me.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    Unfortunately, the Past gloves (and other Past products) have been discontinued for several years. I had a pair of the Caldwell gloves, and was not impressed. They are not at all durable in my experience, and began showing serious wear after only two range trips with moderately recoiling handguns.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by boatswainsmate View Post
    I have a pair of these. It helps when I'm shooting my John Ross 500 Magnum with full tilt loads.
    http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html
    I use the same & really like them. Light enough that I hardly notice them, but they do make a difference with heavy loads for me.

Over in the work glove section at Home Depot/Lowe's they have a pair that are leather- maybe deer or goat skin, and real thin.

They'll work well until something better comes along.
    But if they don't fit well the first time you try 'em on--- they never will.

Other ones I've had good luck with are Tillmans they sell, or can order for ya at the larger welding supply stores.
    There's 2-3 different kinds of them. They look like European driving gloves, and they're made of deer or elk skin.
    They'll flex/stretch & get broken in and be as comfortable as a high quality pair of boots.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 01-27-2021 at 01:39 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast