Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: What weight bullet is everyone shooting in their 50/70's. And load data with it.

Boolit Master

What weight bullet is everyone shooting in their 50/70's. And load data with it.

Title says it all. I have been shooting a500 gr cast half soft lead /half wheel weights and 14 grs of Unique.. Thinking about going lighter in bullet weight..

I'm loading two bullets, both with 70gns of Swiss No.2, a 510gn from CBE and the 515141 450gn boolit. Both shoot well.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

I also shoot 2 bollits both are 450 grs. + or - and I like 30.0 grs. Of I 4198 it shoots accurately in 2 rifles.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    One of the guns I shoot a lot is an original trapdoor, think the 4198 load would be to stiff for it, made in 1868?

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman 515141 over 70 grains Olde Eynesford 2f, compressed .300, WLR Primer, Starline case. Bullet lubricant 2 parts beeswax, one part olive oil. Bullet cast 20-1 lead tin, weighs 448 grains. Run thru a .515 sizer to apply lubricant. Be aware there are 2 different lyman molds out there under this number. One has round bottom lube grooves and is .93" long, weighing 425 grains nominal. The other, better one has square bottom grooves, .97" long, 450 grains nominal. Why? Lyman has had odd fits and starts over the years.

Boolit Master
    Lee and lyman 450 gr bullet over 13.0 grs of unique works good in my remington rolling block.

i have the 515141 425g and load it for my FILs 50/70 swedish rolling block, this batch im doing now, im gonna split it in half and do a bunch of powder coated ones instead of lubing and see how they do, think im gonna make some red, blue and purple