Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Percussion caps

Boolit Buddy

Percussion caps

Some people have noted they can't find caps, try the following.

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Prod.../11144590?fs=1

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022777938?pid=574384

Wholesale hunters had 485 standard #11's three weeks ago (I think that is lots' of 1,000).

Add to the list if you know for sure a company has them.
    Last edited by Caswell Ranch; 01-12-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered some from the first link, Wholesale Hunter and called them to make sure and talked to a real person.....
    John

Wholesale hunter is ripping us off with the shipping charges of about $35 to the West Coast. Their actual price and hazmat are reasonable but they are gouging on shipping. It should be 15-18 bucks tops (flat rate box).
    Hellgate in Orygun
    With 16+revolvers, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap&ball.
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Buddy
    They are above normal in both Hazmat and shipping, I placed an order with Midway (RWS Caps), Hazmat $11.99 and shipping $13.20 came to $25.19 total for 2,500 caps and other items.
    Last edited by Caswell Ranch; 01-13-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I found the Dynamit Nobel at a Fleet Farm for 4.75 / 100 after deer season. No one knew what they were. I bought approx 2.5 K. Lucky, lucky!

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the Fleet Farm connection. My local store has them as well and I bought 1000. That should last me quite awhile.

Boolit Buddy
    6 days ago Wholesale had 191 they now have 87, Midway have zero now. I'm shocked that percussion caps are in short supply considering the percentage that black powder shooters account for in the shooting world. BP guns are selling fast along with powder unless you want 1F.

Boolit Mold
    No joke about the shipping. I tried to buy 1000 #10 caps a week ago. The $55 gouge/ripoff price ended up being $106.90 to get them to San Antonio, Texas. Hazmat, CC Fee, Shipping, Tax and just before you check out $19 handling fee is tacked on. Geez, I ship custom bass guitars to just about every state for $27-$35 2-3 Day Priority/Insured. 1000 #10 caps cost more than that. Typical GB.Com sellers. I have my second order of 3000 #10 CCI caps on it's way from Cabela's at $27.90/1000 shipped free to the San Antonio Bass Pro Shop. Usually take 3+ weeks to get here, but I got time. You have to check virtually every day to catch a stock of them as they are intermittent in availability. As soon as I see them, I order right then. Wait an hour and their gone! That fast. The #11 & #11 Magnum are at around $55/1000. Remington caps are impossible to find. Midway has RWS 1075 caps for $125/2500 in stock just about all the time. They work fine in my Pietta 1858 Remys. I have nipples for #10 & #11 for them as well. Beware the ripoffs on GB.Com. Good luck.
    Cheers Ya'll

Boolit Buddy
    Midway is out of RWS 1075's

Boolit Master

I thought about buying some from midway , but did not I have caps I bought years ago Remington , Navy Arms , CCI and then last month I bought some RWS 1075 from a local store still had some , stopped in this month they have CCI magnum and non magnum number 11 , I got a couple tins and bought the last 3 tins of CCI musket caps extra strength 6 wing .

Hazmat and shipping are deal breakers if I can not buy enough to offset the price , and in this time of shortage Midway was limiting to one pack and nothing else to add to order , looking forward to shooting more black powder for awhile to see what happens on the smokeless side of things as far as supplies and of course the lunatic regime new ideas of control and infringement .

Boolit Buddy
    I think Wholesale are expensive in regard to shipping but if you look at Midway #11 magnum caps (they don't have) price of $61 per thou plus shipping and hazmat (better price on ship/haz), look at Wholesale price at $50 per thou, if you order 5,000 you save $55.00 on the caps and may offset shipping.

Boolit Master

If I order I like to make it worthwhile , I agree that in these times this is what it is , I did think of getting some more and perhaps should have while midway had them but as I can get some locally I did and left those for others who hopefully needed them and not someone going to gunbroker them at a large mark up .

I remember when local gun shops still had black powder and caps , now you may find caps but no black powder , to many rules and costs to make it profitable for them , not the first time I have seen a shortage on caps and powder as there is not as much demand hence not as much manufacture , stock up when you can and replenish when available .

Boolit Master
    Has anyone used a vacuum sealer to preserve a large number of caps?

Boolit Master

Easy to make your own caps
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by idahoron View Post
    Has anyone used a vacuum sealer to preserve a large number of caps?
    Ammo can with the rubber seal works fine, no vacuum needed. I shot a few caps that are over 100 years old, worked like they were a week old.

I bought a case of No11 a few months ago. Seemed a bit much at the time, but maybe not.....

I always knew that if we converted over to those new-fangled caps, that we'd regret it. jd

Boolit Buddy
    This company state they have caps in stock (don't know the company), if you are in Colorado it may be an option for somebody.

https://www.bigronline.com/ccireg-pe...0-1649109.html

Boolit Master
    I purchased a big order from Graf's three years ago and bought an extra 1000 caps for a buddy who then backed out of the deal. Ended up with an extra 5 lbs of powder along with the extra caps. Not complaining, with that extra I'm good for a long time and to add to the stockpile was gifted 8lbs of Pryodex and 10lbs of mixed black powder.

Boolit Buddy
    I have plenty, but I also have the making to make them. I see 22reloader.com has a tap o cap knockoff and the primer mix that'll make a couple of thousand of them in each bag. They won't fit in a capper, but they shoot great. just a thought.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast