Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 PBcastco

Thread: Shout out for Dillon Precision!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Shout out for Dillon Precision!!!

Had a 9mm Luger size die pull out the carbide insert, while sizing. Called Dillon up right towards the end of December and was told it would be 10 weeks before I would get a replacement.

Replacement die came in the mail today. So, from the time they received the defective die, till I got the replacement ,was on the order of 10 days.

A LOT better than 10 weeks.!!!

Boolit Master
    That is great ! What a pleasant surprise .

Boolit Master

Dillon has always stood by their warranties with me. I appreciate the fine work they do and the products they produce/sell.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Buddy
    That is awesome! I don't own any Dillon dies (I'm all Redding now), but its good to hear that there are still decent companies out there.

Banned
    On the rare occasions I have needed to use Dillon's warranty, they have stood by their word.

The bell crank on my 550 cracked after tens of thousands of rounds loaded. I assumed it was normal wear and was seeking to pay for a replacement part. They sent me a new one free of charge.
    Dillon has my support and recommendation.

Boolit Man
    If you ever get a chance to go to Scottsdale, AZ, swing by their plant and showroom. They have all their equipment set up to play with. How can you find them? Look for the building with the Dillon Blue strip all the way around it.

Boolit Buddy
    Love that company

I wish they ran amazon, apple,usps list goes on

Boolit Master

I have had nothing but good service from Dillon with warranty coverage. The last time I had a sizing die chip some of the carbide off, all I had to do is send them a few pics & the replacement die showed up a week later! Excellent service!

Their warranty is excellent but we are facing the stark reality that they are battling a supply issue. It's taken me a month to get a parts replacement. It all just depends on what you break and what they have in stock. I started buying spare parts to ensure I can keep operational. I'd rather pay up to be prepared than rely solely on their warranty and be down while waiting on parts. I'd suggest everyone do the same. Don't let a simple spring bring you down.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Had a 9mm Luger size die pull out the carbide insert.....
    My only Dillon press is a SDB and when using the 9mm sizing die for the first time, the exact same thing happened (carbide ring came out - stayed on the brass). This was over 20 years ago and at the time, I called Dillon and they shipped a replacement that day. Then, they didn't ask for the damaged die to be returned so as an experiment, I tried a fix. I put the die body in the freezer for a few minutes (hopefully to contract it a bit) and then, using a vice, I lined up the carbide insert (a bit of epoxy on the ring) with the die body end and pushed it back in. I've been using it since.
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master

Big Score

This thread prompted me to check again to see if their 9mm dies were still on back order. To my great surprise 'back order' was not indicated and I ordered a set. I used to think their $79 price was a wee bit pricey, but with the whole world out of stock and evilbay prices being crazy high for any brand/condition, they now seem like a real bargain.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Mike Dillon has passed on now, God bless him. He would often answer the phone when they were really busy and I was lucky enough to speak with him twice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Dillon Dillon Precision Nov.7 2016.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	276371
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!