MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If You could get it back...

Boolit Buddy
    I have 3 guns I regret terribly selling. There are others I regret but not as much as these 3
    6 inch stainless Colt Python .357
    Ruger Redhawk .44 mag
    Shiloh Sharps 45-70 Sporter

Boolit Master
    I have two I regret selling, and one I regret not buying. The two I sold were both Rugers, a stainless security six with a six inch barrel and less than 200 rounds through it, and a number 3 in .223. Both sold off for paying bills, something I won't do now. The purchase regret was an Ithaca 37 grey rat that a fellow highschool student was selling for 40$ back in the late 70's. I didn't buy it because I wasn't into 16 gauge. Dumb move.

Boolit Master
    S&W 624
    Remington 1100 Lt 20
    High Standard Citation
    Winchester Model 88 .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Just one that is regrettable; a Dan Wesson 738, Lil-Dan 38 special. The ex-wife didn't see eye to eye on the diminutive size.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Ithaca Model 37 20 gauge my folks gave me for my 14th birthday 1975 , shot a lot of grouse and trees with that gem .

A .22 Diamondback, an 870 with slug bbl and an 1895 Marlin.

Boolit Buddy

Ruger mini-14. Traded it for one of my wife's motorcycles 10 years ago. She still rides the bike to this day

I regret selling a 40x in 222 years ago, and a 4” Colt Anaconda in 44 magnum.

Boolit Master
    While not hard to replace I hate that I sold my Springfield XD .45 service. Not once but twice. Crap happens when the doctor bills overrun income. Which drops to zero when you are self employed and the big C hits.

The second would be my Savage actutrigger in .270. It was the most accurate rifle I owned next to my .222.

I still have my early '70's Combat Commander for an EDC and a pre64 Winchester model 70 for hunting. So I'm not without just really liked those more but had less sentiment.

I cant imagine what it would be like without that diagnosis in 2014. But I'm better now time to get back to work.

A Singer 1911 that I bought from DMRO in San Diego in 1972. It was stolen from me in 1975.

My Browning Hi-Power 9mm which I carried for most of my first tour in Vietnam. Rod
    Rod

Well, 2 actually. A Marlin 336CS .30-30, and a Chinese SKS type 56.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Buddy
    Sold to a friend of mine a Smith & Wesson model 657, .41 magnum, Mountain gun with a 4" tapered barrel. Would shoot one large hole off a rest at 25 yards. He moved away 10 years ago, every time I talk to him I ask if he wants to sell it back for even triple what he paid. I'm now looking to replace it if anyone has one for sale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 468 View Post
    ...what would it/they be?

1) late 70’s vintage Colt Diamondback 4” .38
    2) late 70’s vintage Colt Series 70 Gov’t model .45acp

I traded the former for the later...then sold that one for tuition money. (Yes. College tuition at the University of New Orlens at that time was only $265 per semester) I remember the Diamondback was right around $200 brand new.
    out of your choices as much as I like 1911s id take that diamond back. Me out of all the guns i sold a 3 inch 610, my two kimber cdp's my 280 featherweight 70 my cdl 257wby and my trapper 357 win. Funny ive sold many high dollar custom revolvers but id take any one of these back first. One of my dumb trades is actually comming back tommarow. Its a ruger 77 rl 250 sav that was one of the rare 77s that was a real shooter. Traded it to my buddy and traded back for it and its comming home. bottom line is if i listed all the ones i got rid of id like to have back it would take paragraphs. But i had fun with them and trading let me have fun with new stuff i could never been able to afforded.

Boolit Grand Master
    The one thing I remind myself is that you can't own them all. But that doesn't stop the want.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Sold my Nylon 66 to buy diapers & formula for my daughter. I miss that rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every gun I've ever sold.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    A Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 purchased new back in 1979. Hard times and a new wife watched it go down the way.

Murphy
    Mine was a 4” nickel how about yours? I shot mainly .44 mags loaded to .44 Special specs. 8 hrs of Unique if memory serves. Then there were the warmer ones my brother reloaded. It was fun to shoot and very accurate. It went down the road in the early 90s when “the babies needed shoes.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodfac View Post
    My Browning Hi-Power 9mm which I carried for most of my first tour in Vietnam. Rod
    Ouch!

Boolit Master
    My first shotgun a Winchester Model 1912 20 GA. A Colt new service .45 acp with target sights and my first.44mag super Blackhawk.also a early 10/22 with a nice walnut stock.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast