Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxPBcastcoRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If You could get it back...

Boolit Grand Master
    Not many, and I have sold a lot as I downsized and rationalized my little arsenal.

Three I sold over 35 years ago, two Bullseye guns; a customized Hi-Standard Military and a customized S&W M52... and they could shoot. An Anschutz Running Boar rifle in .222. I really have no need for the Bullseye guns but a mentor tweaked them for me and they hold a lot of good memories.
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    A five screw K-22. Traded it for something else. That revolver enabled me to become a better shot than I ever was before and collected many squirrels for me.
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

A Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 purchased new back in 1979. Hard times and a new wife watched it go down the way.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    Swedish M-41B and AG-42B in 6.5x55.

I miss them but not really, I've moved onto M1 Garands and pre-war Winchester's.

The pain continues....
    First year XP100 7mmBR
    Luger 1923 Commercial Safe/Loaded 7.65 Parabellum
    FN 1922 7.65 Browning
    S&W m58 .41 mag
    S&W m422 .22 auto
    Colt 1909 .45 Colt with Kings sights and 5” barrel
    That’s enough for now..... but I had fun with them while I had them, except the XP- I traded it off before ammo became available....gun trading is a sickness, you know.

Boolit Master
    TDE 44 Automag, and a Colt SSA New Frontier, in 45 colt. Both sacrificed for the pleasure of being a new homeowner.

Boolit Master
    1903-A3 Springfield rifle that was stolen from my household goods in Sumter, SC, in 1992, and the 1917 J.P. Sauer und Sohn 1898 Mauser I traded to my dad almost 40 years ago. I'm hoping one of the brothers or sisters has it, and appreciates it. And nearly every other firearm I've ever owned. I was an idiot, and there was always going to be another new (to me at least) and nifty gun to play with. Only that has turned out to not really be true.

Colt Detective Special as my very first back-up bought new in 1979.
    Got stupid and traded it to one of the guys for a Walther PPK-S.
    Actually, wish I had either one of em back......
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Marlin 1894 357 carbine, a spare Hammerli 208s. Offset by a bunch of others that I don't miss.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Only gun I truly regret selling was my Bersa Thunder .32. Yes, it was a .32 and a sweet shooter. Some guns I wouldn't mind having back would be my first Winchester 94 which had Monday morning workmanship but was very accurate, kept the freezer full, and never failed me. Also my first Ruger Single Six, I should have kept it instead of trading for one with a longer barrel.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Nickle plated 4" Colt Trooper.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Oddly, my first pistol back about 1973 -was an H&R 950, 9 shot revolver, looked like a single action- but could be fired double. Made a good trade with it for a pistol I still have. But it always haunted me. Couple of years ago there was a nice one at a gun show- my hands still remembered it well. I've a few .22 revolvers, but that is the one that always grab nowdays.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master

A Smith 41 and any one of the 3 1903-A4’s I had. “ Arthur” caused me to find new homes for several others that were just to much, sigh....
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

With my Model 10-5, I have a feeling that I may be the new owner of someone's baby that they have let go for financial reasons. I'd certainly assure them that I'm doing my best to take care of it and I greatly appreciate the piece!

I'd certainly say that it would be a good plan to only sell your firearms if it's an economic necessity. What may have been a dime a dozen back in the day is now a highly sought after collector's item.

Boolit Master
    It hurts to much to think about it, moving on!

Boolit Grand Master

A nickel plated S&W model 27 357 magnum with a 2 1/2 " barrel .
    I kept it for a week and shot it at the range ... nothing was wrong with it...shot fine .
    1969 and the man wanted $100.00 for it ... I was single , working and I Didn't Buy It !
    What was I thinking ! I would love to get it back
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Colt Python and Ruger SP101

Around 1998, I had a 45 gun collection that included a large number of great firearms. My wife got sick and between her hospital bills and feeding the family, they had to go. The only guns I kept were my first rifle(Win 72A) and my father's shotgun(Iver Johnson 20 gauge single) both of which I still have.
    At this point, there are only a couple I would like to have back. Most of the really nice ones I can't really use anymore due to physical limitations.

I could rattle off a long list of nice firearms I have owned over the years but what would be the point. Others have had much the same experiences as mine.

Boolit Master
    No regrets. Buy a gun, use it, maybe keep it, maybe not. Always something new to try. The gun in my collection the longest is a 617 .22. Maybe a few others that are close to me owning roughly 15 years. I never had an emotional attachment to a gun. Perhaps because none were ever gifted to me or passed on.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Two 4 inch Colt Pythons that were never fired. Bought them from a guy that went broke during the oil bust in the 70s. Sold them for a nice profit .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast