Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: 1915 Stevens Crack Shot

Boolit Man

1915 Stevens Crack Shot

I’m at a gun show and a guy has a stevens 22lr half octagon barrel that I’d like but what’s a decent price I’ve know ideal? He’s asking $375

Boolit Man
    On gunbroker right now there's a model 1915 auction that ends in 6 hours and the current bid is $250. There is also a model 17 that ends in1 hour with zero bids, starting price is $347. I own one, my first rifle actually and that seems a little high to me but maybe prices are higher now because of all the crap going on. Before you make an offer inspect the ejector and the chamber, both get worn, the chamber from not cleaning way back when while using corrosive ammo.

Boolit Man
    First sorry for the double post, I'd delete one if I knew how. Second, I passed on the crack Shot, I'll find one around the 200 mark or lower, hopefully, thats in good shape, I just think they are neat looking little rifles and they remind me of a 1885 low wall or a mini version, also I started my son out on a single shot 22 Marlin thats long gone now and I thought this would be a good learning rifle for my Grandson, give him a drop block to shoot while his Papa is playing with his Sharps!

Boolit Master

Watch for a J. C. Higgins Model 41. Its the Marlin in disguise. I have one.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

In the Stevens panoply the 1915 Favorite is a much better gun than the Crackshot. A good 1915 should go for $300 - $400. Crackshots are cheaper because they were a cheap rifle to begin with.

A Favorite with a new barrel, or a liner, chambered with a competition-type reamer, can give many fancier rifles a run for their money.

Good point about the Favorite extractor/ejector. They do get worn because the firing pin hits on top of it. Favorite parts are readily available.
    Last edited by uscra112; 01-14-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I have a Stevens crackshot. Round barrel. It's an accurate little gun. If i recall right. It's from 1913. I broke the block. The gun smith who replaced it. Told me not to shoot shorts in it. So now it's standard vel. lr i use.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.