Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Bore endoscopes

Boolit Buddy

Bore endoscopes

I'm thinking I would like to have a bore scope. I've been looking at the endo scopes that you use with a smart phone or laptop. There are so many on the market and my being electronics challenged that I don't know what to look for. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? I'd like some first hand recommendations if anyone cares to share their experiences.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapperscott View Post
    I'm thinking I would like to have a bore scope. I've been looking at the endo scopes that you use with a smart phone or laptop. There are so many on the market and my being electronics challenged that I don't know what to look for. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? I'd like some first hand recommendations if anyone cares to share their experiences.
    https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-Iho...dp/B07RYN9QPC/ is similar to the one I bought a few years ago, except it has a USB-C connector, and the cable may be longer. I think my old one was 3 meters or so long. Worked pretty well, but I replaced the phone I was using with it with a USB-C phone. I've bought one, should be here Wednesday, if you want to wait, I'll let you know what I think.

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought one of these.
    Thought it would work in a .223, but to big.
    Works well in all other calibers.
    Plus I use it for many other things.
    Attachment 275105

Boolit Master
    The $50 Teslong borescopes that are used with an Android phone or laptop are a good value. They also offer a version with Wifi, that will work with an iPhone:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GYLD5QK...v_ov_lig_dp_it

They are small enough in diameter to work in a .22 barrel.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the reply's fellas. Scrounge, I'm in no hurry. Please let me know what you think of the one you have ordered. I'd like to have one that will work from 22 caliber and up.

Boolit Master
    I bought the 26" Teslong borescope from Amazon, it was around $100. It is a stainless tube with adjustable lights and the camera on the end, the mirrors screw on the end and are side viewing. Comes with 3 small mirrors and works well on 22 bores. I also ordered the extra mirrors, they work for larger bores and are worth the $20 I paid.

I didn't know what to expect but after reading a nice review in the Fouling Shot I pulled the trigger. I know nothing much about computers but had it running on my laptop in five minutes, just brought up the camera and found the external camera. The focus is adjustable by turning the mirror in or out, there is also a small lock ring to fix the focus. The image is clear, you can see all the fouling, pits and effects of firing and a lot of difference between clean and fouled bores.

The last bore I examined was a 270 Win my buddy has used for 40 years, you can clearly see the burnt throat. He said it will still last him as long as he can hunt as it still shoots just fine. You will see things that you can't unsee but now you know. I would buy it again.

Dave
    Last edited by beemer; 01-10-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-Iho...dp/B07RYN9QPC/ is similar to the one I bought a few years ago, except it has a USB-C connector, and the cable may be longer. I think my old one was 3 meters or so long. Worked pretty well, but I replaced the phone I was using with it with a USB-C phone. I've bought one, should be here Wednesday, if you want to wait, I'll let you know what I think.
    Well, I'd suggest no one else buy it. The USB-C part is an adapter, and I'm not sure it works, though it did detect a camera. It has a cute little USB-A connector the swivels out of the way to expose a micro-usb connector, but I couldn't get it to work at all with the phone, despite two different drivers, the one the instructions call for, and another one mentioned in the comments. No good. Plugged into the Window 10 desktop, it worked for about 10 minutes, and then the image turned pink & white, and lost definition. Cannot recommend it. Got my money back already, they don't even want me to return it. I was able to get the scope down the bore a .32RF Stevens Crackshot, but the image wasn't all that good to start. None of the adapters would have fit down the bore, on the scope. Don't think it would go down a .30 cal bore.

Boolit Master
    I bought the 26" rigid also, last spring. I bought the extra mirrors, also, which cover all the calibers. Mine works great. I have mine running on a 8" Dell tablet, using Win 8.1, for portability. I did have to download a free app to make it work though. If you are running Win 10, no app is needed. It runs on the Win 10 software. I tried it on my Win 10 desktop, just to see if it worked on Win 10. Teslong had a program, a while back, that if you wrote a review on Amazon, they would refund half your purchase price. I did, and Teslong actually refunded my total purchase price. How sweet it is. I heard they did this for others too.

Prepare to be disappointed about your so called perfect rifle. After examining the defects in it's bore, and chattermarks in the chamber, you wonder how it ever shot so well. This borescope shows them all, in living color.
    Last edited by GBertolet; 01-13-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    So I liked the idea of having a borescope but never really though I’d get my money out of one for just piddling around with it. Then I came across this thread and saw how cheap they were on Amazon. I was given a $10 Amazon gift card and didn’t really have anything I needed from there but found this one https://www.amazon.com/NIDAGE-Automo...x=bore&sr=8-15
    And after gift card it was $19.99 so I figured why not, if it’s garbage I’m not out anything because it has free returns. Well it’s already paid for itself and this ones only 5.5mm. Haven’t tried it down anything smaller than 7mm yet and the picture quality isn’t gonna knock your socks off but it’s pretty decent, easy to use, and I’m happy with it. I was showing it off and was concerned my dad wasn’t gonna give it back he liked it so much.