RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Polymer tips and bullet balls

Boolit Bub

Polymer tips and bullet balls

Good day everyone. Looking for some knowledge with swaging polymer tips into a core seated and pointed jackets with either a polymer bullet ball. Dave Corbin or a airsoft. My seeking of the knowledge question is how do they point up the polymer to a point like Amax bullets are done. One would suspect heat but just not sure. Also if polymer is a piece formed, do they place in center of core before it’s closed or do they just epoxy it in and close it up. I’ve been missing 3-5 years here had a TBI. I told neurologist nothing is wrong, he said your brain matter says other wise, I said no it’s lying. He said well you’ll find stuff you used to know is fuzzy with details so go back and relearn. Anyways I’m relearning. Got a set of Richard’s dies in the mail 22lr to .224 and I looked at them and said here comes the fuzzies. What did I use to do with these? That part stinks of rotten eggs. I’ve got a cnc mill Tormach broken down and I’ve got to figure out what to do with it, I used to make Fish bait molds, should of made bullet molds. I’ve forgotten it. So TBI’s are real. Regardless of impact. Story here is, my sentence may not make sense but somehow they make sense to me, any help is a wonderful thing.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to read this. Good luck w the journey back. I am new so i will learn as u relearn

Boolit Master

I once used some red airsoft pellets in some 375 bullets. After I seated the core I placed a pellet on the seated core & pointed them up. It was a roundnose bullet & they came out looking fine. I don't think a pointed bullet would work as well.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Banned
    I imagine it might fare well in pointed bullets if you got a lead tip former die.

Boolit Buddy
    If I remember correctly the pointed plastic are pre molded for the specific bullet ogive and jacket. I have done the bullet balls in several sizes but round nose not pointed. I will be doing some for a 50cal project I am playing with that will be suppressed and they should be the ticket.