Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling John Taylor

Boolit Grand Master

Calling John Taylor

Hi John,

Here’s hoping all is well with you and yours! A year ago you posted this statement;

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    Remington rolling blocks are one of my favorite rifles. I do about a dozen rebarrels a year on rollers. Green Mountain has several octagon barrels in 40 caliber, I'm a dealer for them. My shop will be closed for a couple months, building a new one. Just moved back to Idaho.
    I just thought I’d touch base and see whether the move was all done, building completed, and your business back up to full capabilities? I’ve heard hints and rumors, but not a definitive announcement. So, how goes it? Inquiring minds want to know!

All the best,
    Your Friend the Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Shop building will be started in a couple weeks. Hope to have some of the machines up and running by mid February.

Boolit Master

Great to hear from you John, I've been wondering too. You have one of my my #2 rollers in your queue for a reline. Glad to hear things are proceeding well.
    Steve

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad to hear it John. In this year past there has been so much upheaval and just sheer craziness, I’m pleased things are still progressing for you. We had discussed what I would do with my 40-90 Ballard Pacific some time ago, but since we last “spoke” I’ve gotten it shooting with some Norma 9.3x74 R brass I had gotten cheaply and stashed “just in case.” The bore cleaned up surprisingly well, and as soon as I get (or alter) an extractor that will pick up the undersized rim they provide, that project may well reach a successful conclusion without resorting to relining or reboring the barrel. I’ve still got a couple of single shot projects on my plate though, so I’ll be watching your progress reports toward when you will be back up and running fully.

All the best,
    Froggie

Why is everyone moving to Idaho??

Boolit Grand Master
    Because they can’t find any more room in Texas!

Actually, the really interesting trend is not only where folks we would associate with are moving to so much as where they are moving from.. It’s complex of course, but factors such as high taxes, increasing regulations, unresponsive “leadership” etc, are influencing the migration that is taking place at the individual and the corporate level. We haven’t seen anything like this since right after WW II when America made the big shift from a rural, agrarian society to a more urban, factory based economy.

People are once again voting with their feet. The downside is that a lot of these “immigrants” are taking too many of the ideas that harmed their old home states with them and doing the same thing to their new homes. Fortunately for Idaho, not many of them could even find it on a map, so it’s still a good place to go (but don’t tell anybody! )

Green Frog

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Escaping from Communist Occupied Washington (the state)

Whereas I went to West Virginia to get outside the Moderate Damage Radius from DC before it blew up. It still might!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Mule View Post
    Why is everyone moving to Idaho??
    Well, I don't know about Mr. Taylor but moving from the People's Republic of Washington to Idaho is a no-brainer for me. WA's Governor has all bars and restaurants closed down. Wife and I went over to Idaho a week or so ago just to go out for dinner. One by one restaurants are going belly up in WA.

Boolit Master

A little over 40 years ago I move to Idaho to get out of Kalifornica. I lived in Idaho for about 25 years and then moved to Washington to be closer to grandkids. Our house payment was a bit higher than we could afford so we refinanced to get it a little lower. Worked fine for a year but then the taxes went up and we were back to the same as we had been paying. Then the capital hill thing happened, right in the middle where my wife was raised. She was a little sick over the whole mess and ask me if I wanted to move back to Idaho. Our house sold in two days and we had trouble getting help to move out. We spent a month in a motel room in Lewiston Idaho before our new church told us we could live in a house they owned till our house closed. When we asked our new church family if we could get some help moving in we ended up with almost too much help. The container with all our house stuff was emptied out in about 45 minutes. It's great to be back to an area where people are friendly. When I mentioned to someone that I was a gunsmith the response was " you moved to the right place".
    Last edited by John Taylor; 01-13-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Boolit Master

Sounds like you moved to “God’s land”.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Sounds like you moved to “God’s land”.
    Yes, indeed!

Welcome to the neighborhood. I'll take you to lunch someday soon.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Mule View Post
    Welcome to the neighborhood. I'll take you to lunch someday soon.
    I'll take you up on that.

Boolit Grand Master

Howdy John
    Does my heart good to read the moving is working out. Praise God for a local church family that is there to help.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

They will be starting the shop this morning, happy days are here again.

Boolit Buddy
    Congrats on the move and the great Church family!!
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    Just for my own benefit, what kind of building are you having built? I hope it has good heat for those legendary Winters there in Idaho! I’m thinking of having a small (existing) building in my back yard equipped with electricity so I can use it for casting in Spring and Fall, I don’t think I’ll be adding heat and AC, but we’ll see. I wish it were big enough for my lathe and mill, but if I get my casting out of the basement, that will leave my tool bench room for some amount of work.

Being active in my church here, I’m not at all surprised with the positive experience you’re having there, but I’m quite happy for you (and them... I’d guess they’re going to have a good addition to their congregation as well.

Regards,
    Froggie

Boolit Master

It's a pole building, 24X36. Should have it done in a week then I have to wait another week before I can move the machines in. I have natural gas here so maybe use it for heat in the shop.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sounds great John. Looking forward to pictures of the grand opening.

Froggie

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    You have to love that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast