Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scratched mold

Boolit Master
    You can start a want to buy thread here at cast boolits , the members here are a great bunch to deal with .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
    It was $52 shipped. Idk what a good price is as I’m just getting into the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You got bent over pretty hard on that one. New it is 22$. I know you can't find one now, but the seller surely knew it was beat.

Normal price is bout 25 shipped, maybe 30. For a new mold. For the one you have, worth bout 5 bucks.

Boolit Bub
    Ahh it hurts so good lol

Boolit Grand Master

Don't give up just yet. Since you paid with Paypal, you do have some recourse. If you can get your money back, and can't find a Lee in stock, check out this mold. http://arsenalmolds.com/products?product_id=165

Glad you didn’t spend $150 or something really crazy for it.
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Banned
    if the seller won't refund the $$ contact PayPal (if you used them) or evilbay directly. I wouldn't let him get away with it.

Looks like someone tried to clean the cavity with something pointed and metal then charges twice that price of a new one just because they re hard to get

BTW do you have 22 cal GC for the boolits?

Boolit Buddy
    It’s only $50 and you can probably use it as a single cavity, if you can’t get a refund not that big of a deal. It looks like there is a gob of lead sandwiched where the 2 halves come together keeping them from seating all the way. Cleaning that off would help a lot. What are you casting boolits for? Maybe someone can steer you in the right direction.

Boolit Bub
    I was going to cast .223 ammo for an ar. No I don’t have gas checks for them yet.

Boolit Bub
    Also interested in trying 300 blackout subsonic non GC and 9mm

Boolit Master

Ebay definition of used is cosmetic irregularities, perfectly functional or words to that effect. I do not know your seller, they may not be a boolet caster and are unaware of the effect of the scratches. Contact them first via ebay msg service. My wife made a $200 purchase, a range hood that arrived dented. The seller apologized, made a total refund and said keep it. Hopefully your seller will be as reasonable. Ebay is pretty good, from a buyers perspective, about items "not as described".
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    Ebay definition of used is cosmetic irregularities, perfectly functional or words to that effect. I do not know your seller, they may not be a boolet caster and are unaware of the effect of the scratches. Contact them first via ebay msg service. My wife made a $200 purchase, a range hood that arrived dented. The seller apologized, made a total refund and said keep it. Hopefully your seller will be as reasonable. Ebay is pretty good, from a buyers perspective, about items "not as described".
    Good advice /\ and the proper way to start. But I would not wait to long for a response , or to contact them and let them know you have a problem.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    That’s certainly not the best way to get started in casting boolits. If it was given to someone with a lot of experience for free, maybe it could be improved, but you don’t want to go there. I’ve had mostly good experiences with Ebay. Did you go through PayPal or did you just send a check or money order? The couple of problems I’ve had, was when I sent checks. Luckily they were only around ten bucks. Everybody takes PayPal on EBay today. If they don’t, I would be suspect. Your best defense is that the item doesn’t conform to the photo in the announcement.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    That’s certainly not the best way to get started in casting boolits. If it was given to someone with a lot of experience for free, maybe it could be improved, but you don’t want to go there. I’ve had mostly good experiences with Ebay. Did you go through PayPal or did you just send a check or money order? The couple of problems I’ve had, was when I sent checks. Luckily they were only around ten bucks. Everybody takes PayPal on EBay today. If they don’t, I would be suspect. Your best defense is that the item doesn’t conform to the photo in the announcement.
    Yeah I went through PayPal. Figured I’d message the guy even though it says no returns I’ll give him the opportunity to make it right. If not I will file a claim

Boolit Master

Looks like everything that's not supposed to be done to a mould, has been done to the mould.
    Contact the seller and get a full refund. I've bought plenty of moulds off of flebay. Just make sure there are plenty of pics to look at the condition before you buy, (especially the cavities).
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Yeah I went through PayPal. Figured I’d message the guy even though it says no returns I’ll give him the opportunity to make it right. If not I will file a claim

There are definitely crooks on EBay. Demand your rights. File a claim!

I once bought an obscure DVD for ten bucks by check. It didn’t play. Seller said it worked for him and to send it back. He then said he never received it. Luckily it was only ten bucks. I actually found a brand new copy for half the price. Maybe a bit of karma was on my side after all.
    Last edited by GregLaROCHE; 01-08-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Seller emailed and refused to refund. Filing a claim with PayPal to see if I can get a refund.

Banned
    don't forget to give the seller the worst rating you can, they live or die on their ratings

Boolit Master
    In my opinion used Lee 2 cavity molds aren’t worth selling or buying used. I realize they are getting harder to find lately but quite a few are still available on Amazon for under $30.00 with free shipping. As for the one in question it’s trash. Hopefully you can get your money back. Otherwise you’ve got some scap aluminum. Personally I never buy used Lee 2 cavity molds that I can’t inspect in person. (Quite often the shipping is more than the mold) and I won’t pay more than $10 or $12 bucks for one.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Seller emailed and refused to refund. Filing a claim with PayPal to see if I can get a refund.

That's probably your best hope. Check the listing, see if there was any as-is statements.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast