Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman Vandalia

Boolit Mold

Cool Lyman Vandalia

I just picked up this press and i really need an instruction manual etc. Does anyone have a copy of one they could share or know how I can obtain one? Thanks for your help

Banned
    Sorry, I do not have instructions for this press.

Boolit Master

here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Sorry, I do not have instructions for this press.
    I am absolutely gobsmacked!
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Mold
    OMG DSH1106....truly outstanding....can not thank you enough!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePleskin View Post
    OMG DSH1106....truly outstanding....can not thank you enough!!!!!!!
    No worries, I scan any all of the items I can.
    I'm not sure if that data was my scan or not.

If I actually have/had the originals, they are in que to be scanned and then prepped for delivery to Pressman for the archives.
    **** ----- Know I feel obligated to go searching and see if I have the original so I can send it off to Pressman, since he says he does have them ....

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    The Vandalia was my first shotshell reloader. It was complete for all three gauges, but I only used the 16-ga attachments, as that was my only shotgun. A query to the American Rifleman got me the information that the reviewers at the time it was introduced were unimpressed by its fiddlyness and poor leverage.

It was at its best with the old fashioned paper shells, which could still be found when I bought the setup. Once they wore out and I had to go to plastic shells, I sold the Vandalia and got a Lee Load-All.

Boolit Master

Same here. My first press. Loaded a lot of paper hulls and then plastics came along and I had to have a MEC 250.

Killed a lot of game with those shells. Shot came in 5 pound bags then and you could load with caps instead of battery cup primers so things have really changed./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    The Vandalia was my first shotshell reloader. It was complete for all three gauges, but I only used the 16-ga attachments, as that was my only shotgun. A query to the American Rifleman got me the information that the reviewers at the time it was introduced were unimpressed by its fiddlyness and poor leverage.

It was at its best with the old fashioned paper shells, which could still be found when I bought the setup. Once they wore out and I had to go to plastic shells, I sold the Vandalia and got a Lee Load-All.
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    I miss those paper shells. Never saw plastic shells as an improvement. The chief difference as a reloading proposition was that you knew a paper shell was toast when you pulled it, fired, out of the chamber and saw the burnt-lace-doily pattern ahead of the brass base. It was then officially done.

You knew a plastic shell was worn out only after you had fired, resized and reloaded it, and found part of the crimp torn away as you pulled it out of the die. You either had to take it completely down again, or fire it and hope you didn’t get a “blooper.”

Paper shells, left on the ground by the slob element, rotted away quickly. The plastic shells become useless after a day or so of absorbing UV on the ground, but take a decade or so to disappear.

We used to get 25-lb bags of shot here, “Hecho en Mexico,” for $9.50 a bag. Ah, the Good Old Days!

That is a cute little machine, I'm jealous.

I especially love the first picture, on the opposite page is a picture of a Cutts Compensator, the same as is on my old J.C. Higgins 2 gauge pump that my father bought new and I now have.
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    I miss those paper shells. Never saw plastic shells as an improvement. The chief difference as a reloading proposition was that you knew a paper shell was toast when you pulled it, fired, out of the chamber and saw the burnt-lace-doily pattern ahead of the brass base. It was then officially done.

You knew a plastic shell was worn out only after you had fired, resized and reloaded it, and found part of the crimp torn away as you pulled it out of the die. You either had to take it completely down again, or fire it and hope you didn’t get a “blooper.”

Paper shells, left on the ground by the slob element, rotted away quickly. The plastic shells become useless after a day or so of absorbing UV on the ground, but take a decade or so to disappear.

We used to get 25-lb bags of shot here, “Hecho en Mexico,” for $9.50 a bag. Ah, the Good Old Days!
    Dadgum, I’m getting old. I remember shot for $7.99 a bag from Best Products Co and being upset when the went up to $9.50 a bag! When I quit loading back then before I went away to grad school, we were being forced to pay the exorbitant sum of $14.50 per 25# bag.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"