Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Goex reneactor grade powder

Goex reneactor grade powder

Was looking online for powder seen the reenactor grade powder for a few bucks less per lb . The little discription said it's suitable for informal RB shooting ? Anyone use it before ? I'm assuming it's prob 1.5-2F ish granulation ? If it's suitable for just killing paper or steel gongs I may pick up a few pounds in an order.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I don't know what the reenactor grade powder granulation is. But, I enjoyed having the 5F Goex if that's what it is.

Boolit Master
    I too don"t know much about reenactor ,I use OE but I would buy what you would like to end up with 10 yrs down the road . Quality is cheap compared to cheaper. And not for nothin but we might not be buying what your shopping for sooner than later ,we lost big time today !/Ed

Well I ordered 5 pounds on my Grafs order along with some shutezen brand 3F as Goex was outa stock. Looks like even black powder is getting harder to find . Gotta say Grafs prices are the same or a hair lower then others and the shipping is flat rate and hazmat is only 13 bucks order came out to be about 19 bucks a pound delivered to my door the going rate at the closest place an hours drive is 27 a lb.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Well I ordered 5 pounds on my Grafs order along with some shutezen brand 3F as Goex was outa stock. Looks like even black powder is getting harder to find . Gotta say Grafs prices are the same or a hair lower then others and the shipping is flat rate and hazmat is only 13 bucks order came out to be about 19 bucks a pound delivered to my door the going rate at the closest place an hours drive is 27 a lb.
    Powder INC is a great place to buy also/Ed

Boolit Buddy

It has been my impression that Re-enactor grade powder was just that. Make smoke and a bang. Doubt you will get enough target consistency to satisfy the average plinker. YMMV

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    I know this is an OLD thread, but how did it shoot? If you're loading it in a cartridge and compressing it, what's it like? I'm 72, I think my eyes must be 10 years older.
    Open sights and a muzzleloader limit the range I'm going to shoot at game to about......75 yards. Not much different with a cartridge rifle and open sights except that I can shoot at what I can't see a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by GL49 View Post
    I know this is an OLD thread, but how did it shoot? If you're loading it in a cartridge and compressing it, what's it like? I'm 72, I think my eyes must be 10 years older.
    Open sights and a muzzleloader limit the range I'm going to shoot at game to about......75 yards. Not much different with a cartridge rifle and open sights except that I can shoot at what I can't see a little quicker.
    What I ended up doing was sifting it all off in different screens, the bulk of it ended up being 1.5-3F in granulation . I just mixed the 2-3F into one lot and have used near a pound of it in my flintlocks without any issues at all , accuracy is fine at 50 yds which is all I ever shoot at anyways

If you are near Chambersburg and you are not familiar with it, you can check out Ft. Chambers Gun shop. It is right across the road from where Gander's Mountain use to be.

Fort Chambers Black Powder Gun Shop
    3292 Black Gap Rd
    Chambersburg, PA 17202 - Franklin County

(717) 263-2223
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.