Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a new guy.

Boolit Mold

Hello from a new guy.

I finally took the plunge. I’ve searched the forum for a bit now and studied up to see if this was something I could do with reasonable results and decided I’d give it a try. I’ve already began casting projectiles and figured I needed to register and become a member here. I’m mainly going to be casting for my 38’s, 9mm and 223. I’m sure with time and experience I’ll include other calibers. I’m looking forward to learning and seeing what other do.

Thanks
    David.

Boolit Master
    Welcome,HOT there’s a lots of info here. Good place to ask questions and get good answers.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the Castboolits family. Lots and lots of knowledge and information here. Enjoy the site!

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome here. Best advise is to read, read, read. Lot of great information and folks here. Good luck

Glad to have you aboard, Hills of Texas. Always room for one more caster, shooter, and reloader. Lots of good information to be had at this site, and lots of good members to answer questions or help with problems.

DG

Welcome aboard Hills of texas.

Yes sir, there is a lot of reading to be had here. With it, comes a lot of shared knowledge and experience. Casting your own is a very rewarding experience, or at least in my case it has been. The 38 Special is a great cartridge to lead off learning to cast. The 9mm is a bit more of a challenge. I've not cast for a .223 but many others here can and do. So climb aboard my friend and thanks for becoming a member.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the welcome. I’ll try to research my questions before I ask them. I’m sure there will be plenty. Already found one... on the castpic site, it list 12 grains of 4198 as a starting load on 223 55 grain bullet. Does anyone know if that is referring to imr or Hodgdon? It may have a description listed and I just over looked it. I’m having trouble sourcing powders and looking for data on powder I already have at hand. Found some more h4198 yesterday that I picked up. Works lights out on a jacketed bullet in my bolt gun, just didn’t know if it would work well for a cast bullet. I have some unique, h322 and maybe some h4895 I think.
    Last edited by Hills of texas; 01-06-2021 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Information

Boolit Master

FRESH MEAT for the GRINDER. Lmao.. I kid. Welcome to the fun.

Stick with published loads. Take a look at the Lyman Castbullet manual and pull a load from it. Dont trust internet loads unless its a known good load or a source you are willing to bet a gun or life. Thats how this confusion happens.

Most often 4198 refers to IMR and H4198 would be the Hodgon version.

H4895 and Unique are good powders. Hogdon has guide on how to make reduced loads with it. Look into older Lyman Cast Bullet manuals for Unique loads maybe. Older ones have more pistol powder loads.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Welcome to the family. Great place to hang out and enjoy, with learning from helpful, experienced people a great bonus. What part of the Great State of Texas are you located, central, south, ?
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Welcome Aboard
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Welcome, from newbie myself. I'm sure you'll find there is a treasure trove of information here to be had.

If you are somewhere between Texline and Boca Chica and Texarkana and El Paso- you're a neighbor! Welcome.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Howdy from East Texas, this is a great place filled with wonderful folks who are friendly and very knowledgeable.
    Cargo

Boolit Grand Master

Best place to ask and get answers from people that have "been there and done that".
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    Llano texas
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Welcome to the family. Great place to hang out and enjoy, with learning from helpful, experienced people a great bonus. What part of the Great State of Texas are you located, central, south, ?

Hi Hills of Texas and welcome from down under.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hills of texas View Post
    Llano texas
    Nice, visited that area a few times, hunting and visiting friends. Kinda dry at times, but usually nice. Ya'll getting some snow next couple of days?
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Welcome from the great white north (US), AKA Michigan.

Boolit Master

Welcome - be advised I Honeymooned in Concan!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast